Reusable rocket

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Reusable rocket

Post by woodchip »

Just saw this vid about the successful test of landing the rocket that carries a module into space. Kinda interesting to watch, especially the last part where the landing actually occurs:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/24/blue ... t-landing/
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Reusable rocket

Post by Tunnelcat »

I saw it this morning on the news. It was pretty impressive. Jeff Bezos finally beat Elon Musk in creating a reusable rocket. But the caveat is that Bezos' rocket is smaller and only goes suborbital with it's payload. Musk's rocket is far larger and can get it's payload into a full orbit. Now if Bezos would quit playing space ranger long enough to start managing his Amazon business properly so that when I order something from his company, it doesn't arrive just thrown into a box without proper packing, which then usually arrives damaged or broken. :wink:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

tunnelcat wrote: so that when I order something from his company, it doesn't arrive just thrown into a box without proper packing, which then usually arrives damaged or broken. :wink:
argh, I told the guys in shipping to stop treating random boxes like footballs...
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.