Just discovered Xbox One controller support...

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Raen7
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Just discovered Xbox One controller support...

Post by Raen7 »

And I am in HEAVEN! :D

Backstory. So, after suddenly realizing "Oh hey, I think Windows has native support for the Xbox One controller" -- took me long enough, right? -- (One S, to be exact, but I don't think it matters among the current gen. flavors), and hooking it up with a micro-USB cable.. I thought, "Hmm, Dxx-Rebirth talked about joystick support.. I wonder if..." And oh heck yes! I wrote down all the mappings of the Xbox One controller buttons/axes to their corresponding joystick axes/buttons. Wanna see??

So yeah. If you have a controller, try it out. It's pretty sweet. Also welcome any opinions on my mapping scheme. =) It took a bit of experimentation, but I think I'm fairly comfortable with it. The most interesting part to me was that the actual triggers are considered an "axis". Which halfway makes sense if you've tried a vehicular game like Rocket League, where indeed, right trigger is forward and left trigger is reverse; but still, seems odd. :roll:
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re: Just discovered Xbox One controller support...

Post by MD-2389 »

Windows has native support for the PS4 controller as well.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Aren't they both just native USB X-input devices?
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Krom wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:44 pm Aren't they both just native USB X-input devices?
I believe so, yes.
"One spelling mistake can destroy your life. A Husband sent this to his wife : "I'm having a wonderful time. Wish you were her." - @RobinWilliams
fliptw
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by fliptw »

there is only native support for the DS4 in steam and whatever software Sony has for playing PS4 games remotely.

Sure that covers most things. but its not a plug and play x-input device.