In shock

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

In shock

Post by Nightshade »

Just a few minutes ago, I learned that my cousin died this morning. I'm still in shock.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, but maybe it's because he wasn't much older than I am now.

He witnessed 9/11 first hand and died earlier today from complications with lymphoma he had been diagnosed with a year ago.

Just a very stark reminder of one's mortality and the fleeting nature of life. You never know when your time may be up.

:(
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: In shock

Post by woodchip »

My condolences TB.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Thanks Woody.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I lost a couple members of my family abruptly this year as well, so I know there really isn't anything we can say to ease that feeling. So just take care of yourself, talk with your friends and family, and remember the good times.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sorry to hear that. :( ★■◆● cancer.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Nightshade wrote:JHe witnessed 9/11 first hand and died earlier today from complications with lymphoma he had been diagnosed with a year ago.
Are the two events related?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

vision wrote:
Nightshade wrote:JHe witnessed 9/11 first hand and died earlier today from complications with lymphoma he had been diagnosed with a year ago.
Are the two events related?
Unknown, but lots of people that merely breathed the air around the site have gotten ill from cancer years later.

I do remember him saying he saw in real life what we all saw that day on tv...and never wanted to talk about it again.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sorry to hear about your cousin NS. Losing a family member is the hardest. I lost my mother to lung cancer in 2000 and it hit me pretty hard back when it happened. What's sad is that she'd been a cigarette smoker from her teen-aged years on, and not just any smoker, but a unfiltered Lucky Strike smoker. She supposedly quit in 1965 along with my father. It turned out she couldn't shake the habit and decided to sneak smokes behind my father's back for years. Unfortunately, her habit eventually caught up with her. If she had quit for good from 1965 on, like she'd promised all of us, she probably would have never gotten the lung cancer that finally killed her, because my dad is still alive and healthy as a horse to this day. :(
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

tunnelcat wrote:Sorry to hear about your cousin NS. Losing a family member is the hardest. I lost my mother to lung cancer in 2000 and it hit me pretty hard back when it happened. What's sad is that she'd been a cigarette smoker from her teen-aged years on, and not just any smoker, but a unfiltered Lucky Strike smoker. She supposedly quit in 1965 along with my father. It turned out she couldn't shake the habit and decided to sneak smokes behind my father's back for years. Unfortunately, her habit eventually caught up with her. If she had quit for good from 1965 on, like she'd promised all of us, she probably would have never gotten the lung cancer that finally killed her, because my dad is still alive and healthy as a horse to this day. :(
I think research should focus on cancer more than any other chronic disease since heart disease/diabetes (type 2) are somewhat preventable. YOU have control over your risk factors to a much higher degree.

Cancer is different. Even if you 'eat right' and exercise...and be the healthiest person around- cancer can suddenly strike you down from nowhere. It's a terminal disease in many cases because by the time you have detectable symptoms (feeling bad or ill enough to go to a doctor), it's often too late and the victim is basically a dead person walking.

It's an insidious disease that is cruel and unrelenting.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Sorry about your loss NS.

Dude I spent the greater part of my life as a fitness freak, and still ended up with T2.

I think what most people fail to realize is…cures for the most part "may" be a thing of the past, because treatments are so much more lucrative.

That doesn’t mean there won’t be any more cures…but the incentive just isn’t there like in the past.