God

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

God

Post by sigma »

Guys, God really exists. Moreover, it is not some imaginary friend, and he really is, and controls our consciousness. And he did not care, I believe in God or not. Yesterday, I was once again convinced. Nobody has never had such a feeling?
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: God

Post by Tunnelcat »

What convinced you?
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:What convinced you?
I'm still an atheist, if you about it. I do not once faced with strange things that indicate the presence of a Supreme Being. This time, he helped me to do what I wanted as I wanted. I felt his presence, as strange as it may sound.
Of course, God helps those who help themselves, but nevertheless..

For me personally, a big problem is that when you are trying to come to God, you simultaneously feel not only heat but also control over your mind.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I agree. Quetzalcoatl is real. May we all be fertile and have many fornications. Sigma, I'm glad that we can, at last, see eye to eye on something personal.

❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

I've said before that for me there is a big difference between any religion and God. I do not even know how to accurately portray it. It is not Jesus, not Buddha, not Allah or the other.
Probably this painting of artist Konstantin Vasilyev quite well suited.

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Quetzalcoatl demands sacrifice.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

in my opinion, Chichen Itza of sacrifice is not the best example to follow. Though of course I am also not a saint. I love fishing and hunting, if you forget. Of course, sometimes I have to be cruel. But it is reasonable cruelty, not mindless killing or religious sacrifice.
Capm
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Capm »

You know, I have a couple theories on this, not entirely in the same catagory, but here they are:

1) Creation vs Evolution - not mutually exclusive. People argue how could the universe be created in six days? Well, if you're an omnipotent being in control of the universe, how do you define time? A trillion years to us, could be a day to God for all we know - which makes evolution a tool of creation.

2) God (- I have no foundation for this, except that it seems the most logical answer to me -) is an emergent property of the universe - existing in a quantum dimension - existing and not existing, both everywhere and nowhere simultaneously.
--------------
----------
---Capm
http://www.midnightsquadron.com
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

In my opinion, the discussion of the emergent of both nature and man, as systems composed, and as part of more complex systems (from molecular to cosmic scales), in the end will end with a discussion over the properties of the brain and the influence on him of these other systems... Any neurologist will tell you that man has not five, but more than twenty senses. The man is also a wild animal like all other animals in fact.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

It will be interesting when we make contact with another intelligent species, what their belief's are.
Liberal speak: "Convenience for you means control for him, free and the price is astronomical, you're the product for sale". Neil Oliver

Leftist are Evil, and Liberals keep voting for them. Dennis Prager
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

If there is a God, sometimes he's a sadist, other times he's generous and many times, both at the same time. But my personal feeling is that God is some form of very advanced life form and that we are just one of his experiments out of many going on concurrently in the whole universe. I'm beginning to think he is now getting bored or frustrated with the whole thing and is now letting the final stage of his experiment run it's course without interference to it's final conclusion, which may or may not be our best interests.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

tunnelcat wrote:If there is a God, sometimes he's a sadist, other times he's generous and many times, both at the same time. But my personal feeling is that God is some form of very advanced life form and that we are just one of his experiments out of many going on concurrently in the whole universe. I'm beginning to think he is now getting bored or frustrated with the whole thing and is now letting the final stage of his experiment run it's course without interference to it's final conclusion, which may or may not be our best interests.
By the way quite interesting that the coefficient of the point of time in the formula of the hyperbolic demographic growth of the population of Earth, when the population of the world would be endless (2026, according to the calculations of Heinz von Foerster), coincides with the time of the alleged end of the era of natural hydrocarbons.
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

woodchip wrote:It will be interesting when we make contact with another intelligent species, what their belief's are.
A good concept for a new book or for a beautiful American film. Despite the fact that in recent American films fall short of expectations, but the fact that the Americans are able to make very beautiful (including the meaning) films, it's undeniable.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

sigma wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:If there is a God, sometimes he's a sadist, other times he's generous and many times, both at the same time. But my personal feeling is that God is some form of very advanced life form and that we are just one of his experiments out of many going on concurrently in the whole universe. I'm beginning to think he is now getting bored or frustrated with the whole thing and is now letting the final stage of his experiment run it's course without interference to it's final conclusion, which may or may not be our best interests.
By the way quite interesting that the coefficient of the point of time in the formula of the hyperbolic demographic growth of the population of Earth, when the population of the world would be endless (2026, according to the calculations of Heinz von Foerster), coincides with the time of the alleged end of the era of natural hydrocarbons.
The question is, which will we run out of first? Food, water, land or energy resources? Will we start fighting over those resources like an overpopulated rat colony? Does our God have a contingency plan to save humankind, or will he just watch us to see how we deal with the problem on our own? In other words, will he just let the human experiment run it's course to either eventual failure or self salvation, in order to disprove or prove our viability as one of his creations? By the way, 2026 is only 10 years from now.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, this is a pretty interesting discussion (I hope it will be kept civil).

I would like to participate further, but I don't have too much time now due to my job but will do it later!

Just a small clarification as a Buddhist myself and to one of your comments Sigma:
Buddha is not a God by any means, but will get more in depth about both the Buddhist views and my own personal views about this and my concept of God as soon as I get the time. :)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

TC, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Limits_to_Growth

P.S. Difficult question of course, but in my opinion, what can be called God is not only a physical system.
Add: Of course, it would be quieter to just accept any religion. But it would be more interesting to understand what God really is.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

You guys are so lost...
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Burlyman wrote:You guys are so lost...
Quetzalcoatl demands you beg for forgiveness
sigma
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by sigma »

Burlyman wrote:You guys are so lost...
What do you want to say? Among my friends there are religious people. Despite the fact that they're total dicks, but we can find other common themes for communication, although they are always trying to recruit me into some kind of religion.