Snake in my garage!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Snake in my garage!

Post by Nightshade »

Not exactly politically charged, but I found a baby snake in my garage. Last thing I was expecting when I stepped out of my car.

I got a little plastic box and managed to capture it after a bit of coaxing. After taking a little video, I released the little thing into the yard.

From what I saw it probably wasn't a venomous snake. More likely it's what's called a 'black racer' from the descriptions that matched on the internet.

Here it is- maybe you can identify it for me. :P

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Snake in my garage!

Post by Burlyman »

"If you encounter a snake and do not kill it, you'll be sorry later on." :evil:
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
TheWhat
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by TheWhat »

Uhh. That’s a subversive communist buttplug coming over our borders attempting to infiltrate our society under the guise of “requesting asylum from political persecution”. Nothing to worry about. 🇺🇸
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Did that snake have a yellowish or tan belly? If so, it's probably a western yellow-bellied racer. Good thing you let it go. They love to eat rodents, which are worse than snakes in my book Burlyman. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coluber_constrictor

I found a garter snake coiled up on the warm floor in my garage a few years ago. My husband saw it first and freaked out when he went to get into the car. He's afraid of snakes because he grew up in Louisiana where the snakes are venomous. I captured it and let it go in the bushes outside, careful to not get stinked. Now me, I'm afraid of spiders. So if there's a big spider, my husband has to get it. If there's a snake, I have to get it. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I was walking out of one of the process wings at work the day before yesterday. After regular hours so the place was pretty empty. Almost walked straight into a decent sized spider that working it's way down a length of silk from the ceiling about 30 feet overhead.

Right about at eye level.

Body was about an inch and a half or so long, several shades of brown. It scampered back up its silk thread and we both went on our way.
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr