Wow

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

LimDul
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Wow

Post by LimDul »

So I made the same mistake I made back in 2008...finding this forum on .com, instead of .net. Anyway, here's what I posted on the .com website earlier: I started playing Descent 3 in 1999. I revisited it in 2003, where I joined ROX as an awesome 56k player lol. I joined again in 2008 and saw a few familiar faces. Now, it's 2017, ain't that a ★■◆●? I still see a few familiar names, Stresstest, etc. How you been, Stress? I remember J-Oh when he played Kata with me in 99, and then later in veins (They renamed veins in his honor, loved that guy.) I hope everyone is doing okay. I downloaded Descent 3 from GoG, and I fly around there sometimes, alone, to remember. Isn't that sad? The beast that is nostalgia seems to evade some people, but it hits others in the face, and it hits them hard. See you in the mines, as we used to say.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re: Wow

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Hey,

Welcome back. Checkout www.Playoverload.com. It's from the same people who brought us D1/2/3.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
LimDul
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by LimDul »

That looks pretty fricken cool. Probably going to buy it.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

LimDul wrote:I downloaded Descent 3 from GoG, and I fly around there sometimes, alone, to remember. Isn't that sad? The beast that is nostalgia seems to evade some people, but it hits others in the face, and it hits them hard. See you in the mines, as we used to say.
It's weird how D3 seems to have divided the Descent community. There is a significant number of players who only play D1/D2 and some who only play D3. And now that these games are so old it's nearly impossible to play online. (I have almost no time to play) Every couple months or so I see some coop game in the DXX-Rebirth tracker and jump in for a level or two. It's still super fun. I hope I have time to play Overload!

Note: You don't know me. My username was used by a different player in the past, but that person is not me. Hi anyway. :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

No multiplayer yet in Overload - that's coming later - but it's developing pretty well so far.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I bought Overload a couple of months ago and I must say, they did a fantastic job. The graphics look really sweet, especially running on my GTX 1070, although both Overload and Deux Ex Mankind Divided really put the card to the test, especially if I use adaptive vsync (I don't own a g-sync monitor). :frown:
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Get a g-sync monitor with 144 Hz minimum. You won't regret it.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Krom wrote:Get a g-sync monitor with 144 Hz minimum. You won't regret it.
Do you know of a good one that has a 1920X1200 resolution, a fast response time and little back light bleed? Most of the gaming ones I've seen reviews of either have back light bleed issues at the edges, dead pixel issues that crop up after awhile or have only a 1920X1080 resolution.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Nope, even I had to go for a 1920x1080 one, almost nobody does 1200p these days period, let alone for a gaming display.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Bugs me a little bit too that 16:9 is so popular - though more so for laptops, since with their screen size it really does feel cramped. On a larger format screen, or for gaming, it's not such a big deal. But 16:10 or 3:2 displays seem to top out at around 85 Hz.
LimDul
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by LimDul »

I remember you Krom, think you were once in D3K? I remember a lot of these names. Whatever happened to the other big names, like Birdseye, and ROX fatal, etc. Palzon was a good friend. Slappy, toon squad (I was Scooby), and ANTs (I was adamANT).
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Yep, I was in D3k, then III after that, all ancient history now tho. :P Haven't seen most of those guys in years now, but people have a habit of showing up once every 4 or 5 years just to say they aren't dead yet and surprised this place isn't either (although you could say places like these are on life support).
LimDul
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by LimDul »

Spirit and passion are amazing things. Few weeks ago, I never would've imagined that d3bb was still around, after maybe 20 years...and that there are people trying to bring it back through Overload. Well, for the first time in my D3 career, I can finally say, I'm not 56k anymore biatches lmao!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

LimDul wrote:Spirit and passion are amazing things. Few weeks ago, I never would've imagined that d3bb was still around, after maybe 20 years...and that there are people trying to bring it back through Overload. Well, for the first time in my D3 career, I can finally say, I'm not 56k anymore biatches lmao!
56k, yeah I remember being there. Although in my case it was 21.6k. I've left that waaaaayyy behind now.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Oh! Adam! Welcome back! 8)