For you RC fans B-29 & X-1

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

For you RC fans B-29 & X-1

Post by Dedman »

fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

i know what i want for Christmas!!!
Flatlander
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Flatlander »

Cool! That r/c B-29 handles a wee bit better than a real one, tho :)
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Flatlander wrote:Cool! That r/c B-29 handles a wee bit better than a real one, tho :)
[sarcasm]what, you don't think the barrel rolls and dives, and everything else could be acheived by a real B-29? *scoff*[/sarcasm]

but really... how much fun does that look like! i gotta try that!

on a side note, without googling, does anyone here do the R/C plane thing? i wonder where a good place to get started would be in this hobby... they sell those 'AirHog' R/C things, but i can't imagine them being any good...

(maybe i should go down to the local hobby shop and talk to them lol...)

[dyk]we need [sarcasm] tags more than Did You Know?? tags here?[/dyk]
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I liked the red x-15 thingy when it lit off the JATO bottle.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

fyrephlie wrote: [dyk]we need [sarcasm] tags more than Did You Know?? tags here?[/dyk]
Copy the graphics and make me some matching ones for Sarcasm and I'll make it ;)
VonVentman
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by VonVentman »

fyrephlie wrote: on a side note, without googling, does anyone here do the R/C plane thing? i wonder where a good place to get started would be in this hobby... they sell those 'AirHog' R/C things, but i can't imagine them being any good...
One kind of plane comes to my mind instantly when I think of a good entry level plane, an EPP foam delta wing. Check out http://www.combatwings.com.

Don't be set off by the sticker shock in the main shop, those are pre-built RTF's with everything, get a "complete kit" thats around 125 for a brushed motor kit and get a 3-channel radio from somewhere else (like This one)

These things are great because 1. they're made outta foam, which equals practically indestructable, 2. they're electric, so you don't have the hastle of fiddling with a glow fuel powered engine, 3. Since it's a delta wing, all you need to control it is a single gimbal stick with both servo's in a mixed elevon style.

My father was big into planes a long wile back, but has been out of the hobby until we found this site and ordered out a kit, so far, all we have managed to bust is one of the elevons, but that was an easy fix with some CA (super) glue. But yeah, this thing takes a beating, seeing as it's nothing more than a piece of flying foam and tape instead of a balsa model.

On a side note, anybody still have that awesome vid of the flying foam GX that was around here a while ago, it was a bit grainy but it still rocked.
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

thanks... put together = more than my first car cost me... do it myself = reasonable :)

i know what i will be doing this spring. :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

VonVentman wrote:On a side note, anybody still have that awesome vid of the flying foam GX that was around here a while ago, it was a bit grainy but it still rocked.
As ordered :)
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Top Gun wrote:
VonVentman wrote:On a side note, anybody still have that awesome vid of the flying foam GX that was around here a while ago, it was a bit grainy but it still rocked.
As ordered :)
[sarcasm]that's just weakest pyro piloting i've ever seen. no trichording, no bichording. 6DOF my ass!!! :P[/sarcasm]

in reality that is just farking cool!!! gimme i want it!
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

fyrephlie wrote:
Flatlander wrote:Cool! That r/c B-29 handles a wee bit better than a real one, tho :)
[sarcasm]what, you don't think the barrel rolls and dives, and everything else could be acheived by a real B-29? *scoff*[/sarcasm]

they could if they wanted to. they would have to be very light loaded though. no bombs and very little fuel. only a pilot and co pilot for the crew.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

AceCombat wrote:
fyrephlie wrote:

they could if they wanted to. they would have to be very light loaded though. no bombs and very little fuel. only a pilot and co pilot for the crew.
Uh, no.
Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

[dyk]..that we could do this? I sure as hell didn't. Who sent out the memo?[/dyk]
fyrephlie
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by fyrephlie »

Mr. Perfect wrote:[dyk]..that we could do this? I sure as hell didn't. Who sent out the memo?[/dyk]
phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8840

[dyk][dyk][dyk] it pays to look at the testing forum??? [/dyk][/dyk][/dyk]