Overveiwing Terrain

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Draco
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Overveiwing Terrain

Post by Draco »

I'm not sure if there is anyone here that would have the slightest idea on how to fix a problem like this. The problem is that my level is too high and now it's looking over the edge of the terrain I placed down, but I know the terrain covers further then what you see it's just that it's too far for the D3 to render it. That's my guess. Here is what it looks like, image here. Look just bellow the recital and you can see the hall of mirrors.

There is no way I can make my level smaller since it's all done. If it comes down to it I'll just leave it how it is.
OnetoomanyDumplings
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by OnetoomanyDumplings »

Oh. I see what the problem is. I'm guessing if you go into D3Edit and make the dome smaller, you can get it to fit the terrain correctly from that height. There's a button in the Terrain box that lets you do that. I'll go check on my own program...
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Maybe your display settings aren't high enough. Descent does try to render faces as far as out possible on the highest setting. Zion has this type of "satellite" deal going, and I never observed the behavior you're seeing with the faces dissolving with distance.

What you might try to do is - especially if the lower part of the orbital has no windows - is lowering the entire space station (i.e., having the lowermost area be "in the Earth."

You might also try subdiving the "Earth" face and clouds into smaller regions rather than one huge face.