[FOUND!]Looking for a lost map. One of my maps.

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

[FOUND!]Looking for a lost map. One of my maps.

Post by Enzo-03 »

This is a map I have sent around a bit on Kali when it was new, around the 2005-2006 years.

Specifically, it would be Nocturne. The first one. You can find the third one on Diedel's site and it's cool and all, but I had distributed Nocturne to several people, and even had it played a bit for one of the last - if not the last Descent Revival.

I'm not too interested in the second one since it wasn't very good. But the first one was my favorite of the levels I had made and I long to see it once more and perhaps even make some vastly overdue improvements on it. I remember posting screenshots of the level on the old PD.

I don't remember if I gave this level a briefing or not. If I did, it will likely say that I made it. :)

Player 1's spawn (or rather the spawn you wind up at when you start the level in single player) puts you in a tunnel and you're just in front of the exit door. The tunnel runs to the left and right of you. To the right you follow the tunnel and you are led to the main dogfight room, which is a cavern with a tiled metal floor, a large pool of lava in the center, and a broken raised bridge which (used to) connect two upper-level entrances/exits to the room. In the corner opposite the one you just entered you enter a room with a metal structure inside with windows (I used cloaked walls for windows). I believe one of the ways out of this room leads back into the lava room while the other leads into a curved tunnel which eventually connects to the raised bridge. Following the raised bridge you enter another room which appears to have facilities under construction if I remember correctly. This room also connects to the tunnel in which you started.

I think it may have been one of my better-thought-out levels as opposed to, say, Nocturne 3, where both energy centers were actually added in hastily (well the one under the bridge definitely was, the other not so much) because I originally didn't realize I had forgotten the energy centers until I played a match with someone on it.

Come to think of it, Nocturne 1 may have only had 1 energy center which is in one of the tunnels. Anyway, if anyone happens to have it, I'd really enjoy being able to have this mission once again.
We will not have signatures in the future.
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Looking for a lost map. One of my maps.

Post by Enzo-03 »

Flip had the level, and he was gracious enough to provide it to me!

Many thanks to Flip, everyone!

...now I wish I hadn't put in all those robots which were harder on trainee than the normal ones were on insane.

I'm gonna have to load it up in DLE-XP and make all (read: most) of the bots have default values because... sheesh.
We will not have signatures in the future.