HAXMED32 gives Runtime Error 50003 on Vista

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

HAXMED32 gives Runtime Error 50003 on Vista

Post by Xfing »

I can't run the program and it might come in handy sometime... I also had problems with HAMM97, but fixed it by adding the needed .ocx files and registering them. I did the same for haxmed whenever it asked for specific .ocx files, but now instead of a runtime error associated with a specific file, I get an "unexpected error", numbered 50003. Well I have no idea what could be the issue now, as I have installed Visual Basic Runtime 6 and cleaned out the registry of bad entries using Advanced PC Tweaker. Any ideas?
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: HAXMED32 gives Runtime Error 50003 on Vista

Post by Krom »

Did you install all the descent manger DLL packs? Also try running it in XP compatibility mode. Otherwise your options may be limited to running it in a actual XP machine / virtual machine.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

You're right, I might be missing one of the dll packs. Mind sending me working links to both?
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

Gosh dang it... I've tried both installing all of the dll packs I could find and using compatibility mode, nothing worked. The same error still pops up at running the program : (
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I've got a working version from the descent manger robot construction kit, or at least it works in my copy of windows 7 x64... I've uploaded the relevant files, including the required dllpacks here: http://krom.sploitz.com/DBB/descman/

(10 years ago I created a local mirror of the entire descent-network download server, I have pretty much everything they ever made.)
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

Huge thanks, Krom. I'ma try that stuff out :P
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Krom wrote:(10 years ago I created a local mirror of the entire descent-network download server, I have pretty much everything they ever made.)
Which is great, because I've been hearing they don't anymore.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master

Post by Krom »

Well, I have the installers and all the various other misc files they had, but I don't have the source code for anything. If they want what I do have, I could upload it somewhere for them (its in a ~2 GB 7-zip archive).
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Right, they never did distribute the source code though. What I mean is the DNet server has a lot of broken links when it comes to files.
Oh, with one exception; I think Garry once sent me the source code for PMView and some related things. Hopefully I still have it.