Separating texture movement

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Separating texture movement

Post by Xfing »

Hey guys, I wonder if you could help me with this simple thing. Is it possible to disassociate the alignment of one texture from the alignment of the other? This would help avoid situations such as this one:

The texture on the left could be aligned to match the door texture, but then there's a wall fan in the same room which needs a 0.00/0.00 as well (and the walls have nonstandard lengths and angles). If only the wall texture could be moved while the fan itself was left at 0.00/0.00 then the whole room could be perfectly aligned with no problems. So, is it possible to align the two used textures independently? Or if not, what can you suggest?
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Separating texture movement

Post by Alter-Fox »

Not possible unfortunately.
What I usually do is put some secondary texture (warning stripes, door lights etc) on the misaligned wall to cover up the misalignment. Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do apart from changing the dimensions of the room until the textures work -- and on this engine that would be particularly trial-and-error-y since you're not working with brushes.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Separating texture movement

Post by Xfing »

Thanks, thought as much. Well, that's not entirely a bad thing, as it makes one use one's head.

I've already come up with a workaround ^__^
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6