Problems with Vertigo.ham editing

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Problems with Vertigo.ham editing

Post by Xfing »

I thought to have 10 bosses in D 1,5: 6 from Counterstrike, 2 from D1 and 2 from Vertigo. I have a slight problem setting up the Vertigo bosses how I want them, though. The Vertigo HAM file has been edited and inserted into the HOG file where the boss testing levels are, yet I fail to notice the changes I made to the file in actual gameplay, the most obvious and clear of the changes being the score values, which have been changed. Yet I still see the default score values when fighting these bosses.

First I had the HAM file in both the mother directory and the Missions directory, as with Vertigo. It did allow me to run the mission, but didn't really change the robots. Which I find weird, since both directories contained the same, modified version of the file. Then I just decided I'd simply embed the HAM in the HOG and see how it goes - it also works, but the robot values also remain unchanged. What do I need to do for the game to register these changes? All changes made to the main Descent2.HAM work fine, it's just Vertigo that I'm having trouble with.
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Problems with Vertigo.ham editing

Post by Xfing »

Problem solved. All it took was replacing the boss robots again in the map editor, apparently it was necessary for the changes to apply.

This strategy could potentially have some use in making levels, you could introduce the same robot with two or even more distinct characteristics. Too bad it's done even easier in the editor itself, hee hee.
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6