HAXMED32 blocks my weapon changes?

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

HAXMED32 blocks my weapon changes?

Post by Xfing »

This is weird - I'm positive I have successfuly made changes to weapons before. Also, I believe this HAXMED32 version that I am using is indeed cracked so it allows to edit Descent2.HAM at all. Why would it give a "data rejected" message all of the sudden, even when I try to change only so much as a weapon's sound? Weird as heck.

The exact wording is "This element is protected to avoid multiplayer cheating. Changes will get lost."
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: HAXMED32 blocks my weapon changes?

Post by Xfing »

Never mind. Apparently my version wasn't hacked, after all. I have applied Wasabi's patch only now, and it works fine now.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

The slightly less convenient method is to read the address of whatever value you wish to change from HAXMED32 and then jump to the address and edit it manually using a hex editor application. A few years ago I wanted to play some D2 single player, but also wanted to see what would have been if they hadn't nurfed Fusion, so I used that method to restore the Fusion damage to its original D1 values. As for the results; my old crowd controlling friend was back and I was very happy.
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

Krom wrote:The slightly less convenient method is to read the address of whatever value you wish to change from HAXMED32 and then jump to the address and edit it manually using a hex editor application. A few years ago I wanted to play some D2 single player, but also wanted to see what would have been if they hadn't nurfed Fusion, so I used that method to restore the Fusion damage to its original D1 values. As for the results; my old crowd controlling friend was back and I was very happy.
Well, un-nerfing Fusion was the primary reason why I even bothered to find out how to bypass the protextion in Haxmed32 in the first place! Of course, upgrades to lasers and spreadfire were also quite welcome :3