Can't run map that I just made in DLE? HELP please!

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Can't run map that I just made in DLE? HELP please!

Post by homeyduh »

This is the first bug I've had like this, and it's a bit irritating since I'm making a map and testing the map out is half the work, but I can't because I get an error when I try to open the map in Rebirth. I apparently can run the map in D2XXL, but I need it to run in Rebirth. I haven't but any new features or anything different in the map.

Here is the link to the map and a screenshot of the error I get. Let me know if anyone figures out what's wrong with it. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s2evbcrxbjx1 ... cFQEa?dl=0
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Can't run map that I just made in DLE? HELP please!

Post by Sirius »

Two issues here:
1) The level file name in ixion.msn ("ixion.rdl") doesn't match the filename of the level in the HOG file ("ixion ce.rdl").
2) Descent (except apparently D2X-XL) doesn't support spaces in filenames - it confuses it.

Renaming the level file to ixion.rdl appears to fix the problem.
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

I'll try that when I get back home, but I thought I had changed it already...u.u blah lol
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

I CANNOT believe THAT is what stopped me from running my map...SMH haha Thanks a bunch Sirius!