Descent Retirement Home

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Descent Retirement Home

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Sorry to post twice, but I'm trying to get the attention of the Server-OP for Descent Retirement Home -- Veins. Hence the new title.

Seems there's a ban on people in my general IP address area. Mine's dynamic, but it's currently 69.234.180.214. I wonder if it can't be refined or lifted so I can play Veins with my buddies.

Any help appreciated. Related thread below.

BD

http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/v ... .php?t=269
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Try to get his attention by sending him an email via the server ops board -- click
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

x 2 @ Grendel's Idea...

I am trying to solve the problem with that server in another way. You'll hear from me again...
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

OK. I asked \"esa\" to host a Varicose Veins CTF and it is now up!

If it is really true that now SO many people got banned for no real reason (community interest - not operator interest) it would be good to just join another server...

These days we've got MANY more servers than we need, and we are not dependent on this one, so let's just join the D1.Descent.cx - Varicose Veins Guardian - CTF - 12 max. player - server and the problem is solved...

Dunno about you but from here (germany) the pings are very close to each other...

Vortex-Link: d3://64.238.111.11:2096

Thanks to esa!
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself. Yes I realize that the max # of players is limited to 18 or something at the absolut max, but the action can really heat up when both sides have 8+ guys. THen again there is a greater chance for clogging up areas when everybody decides they want a shot at the opposite team guy.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

d3jake wrote:One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself.
Nope. It would be increased by a server op playing at the time. I don't think it's good tho, since it's pretty much impossible to get the flag/score w/ more than 7 ppl on each team it basically becomes team anarchy.
Bold Deceiver
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Bold Deceiver »

Grendel wrote:Try to get his attention by sending him an email via the server ops board -- click
Thanks Grendel. I did send an email to the server/op that way, but wasn't sure I had the right op. Your email confirms it. Thanks for responding.

Thanks to everyone for suggestions. Do_Checkor, I guess my problem is that everyone tends to gravitate to DRH for some reason. Appreciate it, though.

I'll wait and see. If I hear from the OP I'll post up.

BD
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Grendel wrote:
d3jake wrote:One of the good tings about the DRH was the fact that the number of Max. players woudl increase by itself.
Nope. It would be increased by a server op playing at the time.
Either the main server op, or one of the players he's entrusted with access to adjust the max players setting. Usually, at least one of those guys is playing on any given night, so they'll bump it up upon request.
Grendel wrote:I don't think it's good tho, since it's pretty much impossible to get the flag/score w/ more than 7 ppl on each team it basically becomes team anarchy.
"Pretty much impossible" <> "Absolutely impossible"

I've made quite a few scores with 8 or 9 on each side (it takes a lot of practice, good timing, a quick ship, good cover from teammates, and of course a bit of luck), and even one when there was 10 on each side (I'm still proud of that one).

In fact, I actually prefer it with over seven on each side. I'm not too good at defending, so I tend to play as flag-runner nearly all the time. This means my efficiency is often below 50%, but over the last few months I've learned some tricks that help keep me alive when I'm making my escape with the flag.

But, yeah, I understand your point. When there's more than about eight on each side, it's pretty tough to even get to the flag much of the time. Then again, that's the kind of challenge I enjoy. 8)