A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

calgary-server2
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Multiple IP's with D3Server3

Post by calgary-server2 »

Hi guys.

I know D3Server3 can use an alternate IP in it's settings. I have a multi-homed server with multiple NIC's. When creating a game to host, I don't see where I can add an alternate IP for a particular game. I will end up hosting different games on different NIC's with different IP's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's time.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Its the -useip ***.***.***.*** command line variable. It will bind D3 to a specific IP, note that in order to run multiple servers on the same IP they have to be on different ports.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Krom, I think he's talking about Hunter's D3Server tool, where the alternate IP setting is global (applies to all the games launched through it).

You could launch a separate game manually (config file with the \"-useip\" command), or try to run separate instances of D3Server (although I'm not sure if you can).

My question is: why do the games end up on different NICs, with different IPs? That seems odd...
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Not if he has multiple pipes to the internet.
ImageImage
calgary-server2
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by calgary-server2 »

Hi guys.

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have clarified it a bit. Yes, there are multiple pipes hooked up to this box. Is there another server tool that will handle the scripting for me and allow me to specify different ip's for different games?

Thanks again.