Ok, so Im trying to set up some servers,...but it hates me

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Ok, so Im trying to set up some servers,...but it hates me

Post by Immortal Lobster »

Ive got a spare AMD X2 3800+ with 2GB of ram sitting next to me here, ive been playing D3 on it, but it barely touches the CPU. so I figured I can run a few servers, Ive got 9mb/s down and nearly 7mb/sec up.

whenever I try to post a server, it doesn't want to show up on the trackers, I've been messing with this since about august, no success.

Firewalls are off on the system being used, nothing important on it anyway, firewall ont he router: off
ports fowarded as far as I can tell
tracker ports
game ports
port 80 for tracker

heres the oddity, makes me think something is wierd:
If I start a game from within D3: game menu, people can join me via direct IP, if I start said server with Hunters tool, or for that matter any tool, even direct IP times out, and Ive never gotten the game to show up on the tracker.

Anybody here have any ideas? Im expanding my pool of help, you guys are often more than helpful.

thanks in advance
-IL
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Two ports need to be forwarded per server, UDP only -- game port (default 2092/udp, called \"Server Port\" in Hunters tool) & tracker port (default 20142/udp, called \"Descent 3 Game tracker Port\" in the Game Tracker Options of Hunters tool). Do not touch the game trackers list, these are where the server registers itself. That's all.
ImageImage
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

yeah, its all open by range, still no go. =(
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

You got the latest version of the D3 Server Tool ?
ImageImage
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

yeap
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I think I may have asked you this before, but what happens when you launch a game manually (i.e. the \"-dedicated\" command line, with a config file)?
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

ope, you hadnt asked me that, and I havnt tried it that way. Will do in a bit.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

...tried yet?

If nothing else, I can let you browse around my setup for a little while (it's similar to yours, Vista behind a router, both playing and running a dedi at different times).
Immortal Lobster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

nopeh, havn't tried yet, been working with that paper, or playing D3, lol. I assume I need to build the config file as per te instructions in that sticky in this subforum, so Ill do that on friday or saterday, hopefully by then ill be done with my paper =)

and Im going to keep it to my XP box, my vista box is usually pretty active, recording TV almost 24/7 in media center, and other useless stuff lol. both systems are plenty powerful.