Cannot load Dedicated Server config file

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

PyroJockey
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Cannot load Dedicated Server config file

Post by PyroJockey »

I’m trying to set up a dedicated server and am getting an error when using the D3Servertool V3. After I select “Start server…” there is a delay of several seconds and then a dialog box is displayed titled “Descent 3 Error” with the message “Error: Cannot load Dedicated Server config file.”

I was able to start a dedicated server with manually created config files thanks to the information provided by Checkor, but I would really like to use the server tool.

Does anyone know what is causing this error and how to resolve it?
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Yes. In the global settings turn off the auto minimize feature and then start the server again. It will take way more time but you should now see the dedi server console.

If you could copy the last few lines you can see on the console before the server dies (ignore the error message in the meanwhile) and paste them here?

Maybe with a little further look at these lines you can even find the error yourself, but just let us know.
PyroJockey
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by PyroJockey »

Good call Checkor! The last line identified the connection type for the server as \"Direct Modem\". Once I set the connection type to \"Direct TCP~IP\" the error is gone, server is running and on the trackers. :D

Thanks for all your help.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Yep, typically when I see that error, it's because I accidentally left it as \"Direct Modem\", or put a non-CTF level as CTF, or something similar. :P
Thomas01
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Thomas01 »

The new version will have Direct~TCP as the default network type.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re:

Post by Do_Checkor »

Thomas01 wrote:The new version will have Direct~TCP as the default network type.
cheers! makes sense for sure...