Something HORRIBLY WRONG in the [RIP] Rockies servers

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Something HORRIBLY WRONG in the [RIP] Rockies servers

Post by NUMBERZero »

Plasma can kill anyone within 5 ship lengths and a 360 degree sphere around the ship, and lasers and supers will not count as a hit 90% of the time (trust me on that %. I stuck it in someone's ear and it didn't do anything. seriously threw the game)

I suspect .gam modding for the plasma, but IDK for the lasers. No running of modded gams while hosting. Foil, arn't you the host? Could you please fix it? [RIP] is one of my favorite servers (except for those problems).
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

Several of us have noticed the impossible-to-dodge smart missile problem in Rockies before. Very strange stuff. I don't think he's modding it, I think it's just connection issues. My guess is his connect just isn't reliable and consistent enough for gaming servers. Or there's still something inherently wrong with his network (a NIC, router, the ISP's local node, who knows).
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

need to framecap the server and make sure it's running on a minimum of 9pps.
netbursts can cause that, but not in the way me and ryu saw it, and as i have seen it before
also, i think i remember there being a smoothing option you can choose?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Wow, I'm sorry, guys. I don't modify .gam files, and I've got plenty of bandwidth. I'll take a look and see if I can find out what's going on. :?

I haven't done anything with the servers on that machine in weeks, so thanks for the heads-up.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Update:

I think I found the source of the problem. The CPU affinity for all the dedi servers was set to a single core. I'm not sure how that happened, but it's been fixed.

I've also: rebooted the machine, rebooted the router, updated the network drivers, updated D3Server, double-checked the game settings, and cut down on the number of servers.

... Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks, guys. :)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

... Any better, guys?
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

No reply probably means yes with this group

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I guess I'll take it as a \"Yes\", then. :P
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Yes, it's as horrible as humanly possible, Zero. :P
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

lol

Woops! I forgot about this! Sorry!

Recently had a gg (thanks to Foil's servers) with Mikey in the PD Monsterball (MB seriously needs to be played more often) server, but there still the same problem with the plasma.

Wait, I remember the plasma prob in the DF.net server with the BOZ in Stadium one time, but that was a while ago and did not occur again. At least it is not isolated to you. Could it be a random D3 bug? I blame D3 now then. :)
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

If D3 dedi servers are not beeing restarted in a timely manner (every few hours) ★■◆● like this happens...

Normally the D3Server tool can be configured to do so.

So if the tool does not run (forgot to restart, crashed, whatever) crap like this can happen...
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

True, especially in busy servers! Of course, I have my servers configured to fully-restart periodically, so that's not the problem.

I haven't had any more complaints since I fixed the cpu-affinity issue, so I think everything is okay. :)