Leo Hacks, it has been confirmed!

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Leo Hacks, it has been confirmed!

Post by Gold Leader »

Today I made a shocking discovery, Hacker Leo was using Pigmy as hosting name in Keg Parry v1.0 to give Pigmy a bad name, what Leo didn't know is that I recorded his lame actions I also used some rough dutch quote to rant this little bastard off, I am gonna give this Leo a hard time as for him saying sorry Pigmy? Heh forget it he didn't mean ★■◆● about that.

He is my target every time he has a co-op or game I will record his actions and show the world this imposter hacks, he will have no access in Descent Task Force, hereby I advise the Descent Rangers also to avoid this Hacker and abuser of the game, he is giving Descent the wrong image, my footage shows clearly he hacks and is taking abuse of our friend PigmyRhino, such people should be banned from the net.

Nobody messes with my friends, they will have major troubles messing with me and my allies, that shall always stand.

Leo is an imposter and a hacker, a terrorist to the entire Descent Community, Please help STOP THIS TRAITOR!!!!! This short footage gives plenty evidence Leo hacks and uses an others name.

He will use anyone's name to make them look bad.

Here the Video:
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
sdfgeoff
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Leo Hacks, it has been confirmed!

Post by sdfgeoff »

Now that is not the spirit of Descent at all.
Eh?
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

sdfgeoff wrote:Now that is not the spirit of Descent at all.
Nope it ain't and that is why I am trying to do something about it, I got Do_Checkor on my side too btw :)
http://www.descentforum.de/forum/viewto ... 0154#60154

Getting his IP is our next goal, the sooner we know who it is the earlier we can kick this play from all Descent servers.

Descent is about have fun with each other it's not about imposing people and making them look bad. My friend that was attacked doesn't feel pleasant with this so as a friend I stand up for him and do my best to seek this sucker out.
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

This belongs over on the ServerOps forum, not here.

[Ah, I see Checkor already moved it.]
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

I posted it on every Descent forum, I thought they were all separate from each other, sorry I panicked but I am sticking up a friend and I am in state of doing anything that is helpful.
Anyways I know he posted that there, he replied in my thread long after I made all these posts ;)

Just a side note, to prove that this isn't some scam topic:

PigmyRhino Corporal in Red Dragons Squad also let us know that this Leo also hosted games under the name Puck Figmy as he clearly posted on the DR's main page:
http://www.descentrangers.com/public/te ... cript=True

"Posted by Corporal Pigmy: 1/21/2013 4:01:42 PM

Rangers.

a quick word of caution.

Be wary when you join a game hosted by Leo, or if he joins
one of yours.
I know most of you know this already, but the man is a
hacker, and completely ruins the fun of Descent. He just
had a game up called "Puck Figmy" which is a spoonerism
of a phrase that is a direct attack on me. Keep him out of
sight and out of mind. No need to fuel his bad
sportsmanship. Thanks all!"

Really I am helping out as a friend to track and hunt down this imposter and I will catch him, don;t worry I passed it on to my friends from x-3dfx & Voodooalert too, when people offend and make abuse of my friends I will learn them to back off for good. Messing with our like my friends isn't smart lol.

Pigmy also replied in the topic @ DR, that my research is legit:
http://www.descentrangers.com/forum/vie ... ?f=2&t=235

Just extra info for those that find my topic hate mail, it's just warning everyone in the Descent Community who to avoid.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Okay I moved it.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Posting other peoples IP address is bad form. Please edit your post and move the discussion over to the restricted access serverops forum.

Edit: Thanks.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Gold Leader wrote:Okay I moved it.
Okay many thanks for telling since this is a hacker I thought it would not be bad to tell the world, anyways I ahve made a new topic in that section, if it's still in the wrong place could you move it too the right one? I am dislettic :X so I can make posts in wrong places.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Sorry, I can't. I'm just the lowly moderator for the Tech section :)

In general, I would suggest to keep the warning up but without the IP details. Add something like "PM me for details.", that way there are no doors for possible legal actions or attacks against the board and the hacker isn't warned.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I think you may need to step away from the PC until "Today I made a shocking discovery ..." becomes "There's this guy trying to cheat and ruin other folk's online reps, here's the proof for anyone interested." And "Nobody messes with my friends, they will have major troubles messing with me and my allies, that shall always stand." becomes "Not cool." Take two chill pills, get a life, and call me in the morning.

:)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I understand your intentions Gold Leader, but I can't have the multiplayer forum used as a place to call out certain players as terrorists, even if they've been caught cheating.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

I was just trying to help a good friend but it seems that is not even possible in the new world, sorry, but I don't understand the people of this new world I am backing away from it, please lock this topic.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Gold Leader, the problem is not that you were trying to help your friend, the problem is how you chose to do it.

Rather than ranting and posting details which should have been handled privately among server-ops, you could have gotten the message across with a simple "There is a known hacker going by the name ____ in D1/D2 games. Please be aware that this person is not my friend _____, and that the hacker is being IP-banned. PM me if you want any details."

-----

In any case, no worries, I went overboard with things like this myself (ask Bubbalou, heh) in the past when I was an active player/serverop. We live and learn. :wink:
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I think it should be noted that Gold Leader has some medical problems he's having to deal with and a great deal of passion for Descent. I hate hackers too!!
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Hackers, and chocolate milk go well together

Load up some DAYZ and kill yourself some zombies

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Gold Leader wrote:I was just trying to help a good friend but it seems that is not even possible in the new world, sorry, but I don't understand the people of this new world I am backing away from it, please lock this topic.
That and spamming every conceivable Descent forum on the internet is bad form and ridiculous drama. One reason I never was interested in the Rangers. That just doesn't show well.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Um... that isn't our standard practice :)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Perhaps Sirius, but no one on the outside visiting these other sites knows that or the others within that organization.

I'm not condemning the whole group. I'm acknowledging that I would be hesitant to join a group with that kind of drama.