A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

1 vs 1 server request

Post by Lady Silver »

Hello,
I have a possible Descent 3 ladder match with someone tonight in the level Damage. I was wondering if there is anyone out there, preferably in the USofA, who would be willing to put up a 1 on 1 server for the rest of the weekend? Our match could take place anytime between 10 pm and 1 am EST tonight.

Thank you for your consideration! :D

Lady Silver
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: 1 vs 1 server request

Post by Do_Checkor »

I hope someone in the US can do it. Meanwhile I started a backup server for you on Descentforum.NET 1 : d3://87.106.136.253:2081

I'd also encourage you to have a look at this - and check if it could be interesting : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20944

However: I got no doubts that a US server would be better for this game ;-)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Very kind, thank you so much!
Even though it is from across the pond, I'm sure it will be infinitely better than one of us hosting a p2p game. :)

I will look into your SOD. I have heard of it, but never tried to use it myself yet. Much appreciated!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Hi Lady Silver, I'm sorry I didn't see this until now.

For reference, I am one of the Team RIP admins, we run the "Descent Retirement Home" servers, which is US-based. Any time you want a server here, let me know via PM (which notifies me immediately), and I should be able to set it up quickly for you.

P.S. Damage is a fantastic choice. ;)
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

can we request a couple of ongoing 1v1 servers? Maybe one in Kata and one in BI3?
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I'll set those up after work today.
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Thats ok, I didn't give you very much notice. :)
That is really great Foil, thank you! I will definitely take you up on that!

The pilot I was hoping to play never made it, so you may be getting a Damage 1 v 1 request soon.

Edit: I have many fond memories of playing many fine RIP pilots in many fine CTF games years ago. :mrgreen:

Do-Checkor: I was able to use your server for an unplanned ladder match, it was a lotta fun, thank you for hosting! There was some lag, but we still enjoyed the game.

Lothar: Good idea! I've been thinking about kata, it's been a little while since I've played that one. I'm glad interest in D3 is being kindled on the DCL. :D
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

1v1 games in Kata and BI3 are up. PM me with any other requests. :)
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Foil: I was finally able to play my damage 1 v 1 ladder game on Sunday night. Thank you for the server!

We have been using your multiple 1 v 1 servers for spur of the moment ladder matches and it has been great! Thanks a lot!
Do you ever play D3 anymore? It would be fun to have a match sometime, or just an open anarchy game.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I play on occasion, when I have time. CTF and BreakOut will sometimes get me into a game. :wink:
Lady Silver
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Lady Silver »

Breakout? Looks like a lot of fun! I would definitely like to play that!
Sooo, when do you want to fly? :) I might be able to round up 2 - 5 players if I have a few days notice.

BTW, I also really enjoy CTF. I've been planning on posting an invite on a few different Descent forums and trying to get a good sized game scheduled, I just haven't tried yet. I think with Descent Underground being in the works there are more pilots around now than there have been. It's been far too long since I've played a nice big CTF game.