A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Missing Dedi servers in Vortex server list

Post by Do_Checkor »

G'day folks!

I was wondering about the very low count of dedi servers in Vortex recently.

On http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3 I can see Ari's Stable and Descent Retirement Home servers but not in Vortex.

I still don't know who is hosting the Ari's stable servers and I am not sure if Foil is still in charge of DRH but I would like to find out what's the reason for that.

Really don't like the view in Vortex telling me that I would be the ONLY guy hosting D3 dedis nowadays - even though I understand why there are only a very few server ops left ;-)

Please make sure your Gamespy file has the recent trackers added and looks similar to this:

Code: Select all

gsm.qtracker.com:27900
master0.gamespy.com:27900
tracker.descent.cx:27900
tsetsefly.de:27900
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: Missing Dedi servers in Vortex server list

Post by Do_Checkor »

Might have been an issue on my end or you peeps solved the issue. However: I can see the two missing servers on Vortex today!

Yay! I am not alone!! ;-p
Nosferatu
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Nosferatu »

I noticed that some were asking who runs Ari's servers.
That would be me.

I have not used this account in a very long time and I really don't go by Nosferatu any more. (Not so interested in vampires any more :) )

I just updated my gamespy tracker list as suggested and restarted all 4 servers.

A really BAD storm up here in up-state NY recently knocked out both my power and my internet for a week. Both are back now.

It looks like d3.descent.cx has been going down hill lately and now its not showing any servers at all. (Hope this isn't permanent.)
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Great to hear from you mate! Thank you for checking in again!

The way I see it there are only a handful (4-5) of D3 dedi operators (on a permanent basis) left nowadays and I think it would be good of we could keep in touch!

Even more pleasant to hear that Ari's Stable servers appear to be run by a known by the guy who ran the Crypt servers back in the days - as long as far as I can recall.

Cool that you updated your gamespy configs and all the best on your power line issues!

Would be neat if we could get in touch with "XP" as well - as he is running a regular Co-Op server as well.

As far as I understand it is just the three of us plus Foil, coolchris and sometimes Thomas for regular D3 server hosting.

I would love it if you guys could PM me your current email addresses , preferred user names and server names so that I could update the DF SO list: http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/serverlist.php and my records on how to get in touch if needed. No worries: I have no intentions on spamming anyone of you ;-)

Thanks!

checky