A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

ServerOps BulletinBoard

Post by Do_Checkor »

Hi!

I wanted to let everybody know, that I just finished a new bulletin-board which may be consulted for conversation between Descent 3 pilots to D3 ServerOps AND of course between all ServerOps themselves.

So if you got banned, got problems, got a request or anything else, OR you are a server-operator for a regular running server: please consult this bulletin board.

There is a ServerOps section which is unaccessible to players (access granted only for verified users who regularly host dedicated servers).

User accounts will be verified and email-addresses will be verified.

Most interesting for players might be that there is a server list where all the regular servers are listed and the appropriate server operator is referred. This way you can make direct contact to an operator without involving the public. Also: The according server operators will receive an Email if you send them a private message through the board.

The website can be found here: www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps

Cheers!

Do_Checkor
DigiJo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DigiJo »

have tried to register there chekor, got never any validation mail back and dont let me loggin. is it connected to pxo Image
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Please note, that the board requires a (unique) e-mail-addy and you have to have COOKIES TURNED ON.

Few words more:

All accounts have to be approved by me (or Floyd) THEN you get a confirmation mail wich contains a link for your account-/ e-mail-validation. Just after you have validated you can login the first time.

Please contact me on more problems...

(@ DigiJo: Your Account now works Image )
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

slowly but steady the project is growing and the member's count is increasing...

So if you're a Dedi-Admin / ServerOp and still not registered to the board please visit us NOW at:

http://www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps/

Please note, that this is an international project to save this comunity and get rid of cheaters / hackers / cussers etc.

Only if the participation is almost complete it can make real sense.

Thank you for your interest.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

*sigh* there are still many Ops missing.

Could you Server-Dudes please tell me the reason on this?

There are more cheaters and hackers online since ever.

To my (not only) opinion we are the only people that are able to save this community from shrinking more...

Please help us!

(see the link above)
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

I'll be gettin to ya soon...
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

You need to advertise more. Post a linky in PXO chat every once in a while. The only reason why I signed up for the board was that I stubled into this thread on accedent, I as well as others dont check this section often, and many people who play D3 dont even visit the DBB.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

hm okay top wop if you say so...

there were two newposts at PD last week, and posts in the PD forums, too...

but okay - as you see I am obtrusive with this :P

would be very nice if you guys coule help me a bit on this - I only know all the Euro-ServerOps - but with all the others errrrrrrr...

Hm.. But it is growing -even if veery slowly. First posts are done, first hackers are banned, first insightful (ex-)cheaters got unbanned.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Still some Admins / ServerOps are missing.

This is a reminder to registrate and visit the board.

http://www.descentforum.net/serverops/

If there is any problem, please mail / private message / ICQ-msg me.

cheers
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

Not to knock your contributions, but why are you hosting a D3 Server Op board when we already have a forum here for that? It is less hassle to post here than register on a completely new BB.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

because in my board there is a locked "ServerOps-Only" Board where only that people have access to that I give the permissions.

I don't like to discuss bannings or settings and post IPs or IP-Ranges in a public board.
JMEaT
DBB Meat ByProduct
DBB Meat ByProduct

Post by JMEaT »

OIC :)
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

this post it to remind you people again :)

at the moment there are posted a few things that are REALLY important (like I posted in the news at PD too).
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

This should be stickied so that it wont get sucked into the BB time wormhole. :)
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Now if I only knew how to do that....
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

What about letting me moderate this board? i have good skills in phpbb since i am running my own over there at www.descentforum.de 8)

Erm. j/k. please edit my first post here and click a box at the bottom (i only know the german tags, but i think there will be a button "make sticky" or so).
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

How about fixing http://www.descentforum.net/serverops/ then ? (HTTP 500 - Internal server error) ;)
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

No chance. Somehow some data was corrupted. I had to recover that through a backup from 2 or 3 days ago. So it would be nice if Suncho, etc. and all others who posted something would go and enter their data again :(

sorry again...
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

I have a link to the (old) Control Panel, but that link no worky no mo
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

... and yea, somebody needs to take over this forum or let it die and post ServerOp stuff in the MultiPlayer forum.

I still run a server, and I always will as long as there's demand for it, but I am so busy with other stuff in my life now that I hardy get on here more than once a week, if that.

Email me if you want the job...

sarge@ptwi.net
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Methinks this should be stickied. Its pritty important and should'nt sink down into the depths. People need to know where to go.
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Well, like I said... I couldn't get to the Control Panel.

... also, I haven't been able to get on the DBB for a while. The IP change or something?
Starken
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Starken »

I'm still lurking. :)

...and I can't find a way to sticky this either.

Edit: ah...there it is.
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Starken!
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Thanks for stick this thread.

The Serverops-Board will be offline for about 2-4 days. So it hopefully will be back on the 14th-16th of June...
Sarge
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Sarge »

Thanx, Starken!

Good seeing you again!
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

...the offtime will continue a few days...
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

The automatic-mail-functions of the ServerOps-Board may have sent you a mail that you have been added to the usergroup "ServerOps". Please ignore it and don't try to login. The Update of the Board is still not ready. I hope that it will be done tomorrow. Thank you.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

The ServerOps Board is NOW back online. All registered users should have received an email with

NEW LOGIN DATA :)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Seems the Whole Website including the board has been down for a couple of days now....what's up
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

It has been down for a few hours today (whole server because of a fucked up Teamspeak-Server instance) but not since days...

Nightmare, Dwnunder and me were the latest posters, yesterday and today...

@ Bubba: If you still can't access please lemme know...
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

The last few days I had to delete about 10-15 user-accounts which where only registered to enter links to russian sites for pharmcy and other stuff.

Since these registration-attempts come from very different IP-Ranges I cannot get rid of these guys.

So I decided to disable the function to register new user-accounts for a while. so if somebody needs to get in contact / want to register, please just contact ME and I will allow reg. for a moment.

This situation may last a few weeks (hope less)...

regards
SSX-Thunderbird
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by SSX-Thunderbird »

phpBB comes with a visual confirmation mod. If you don't have any other mods installed, I suggest you install that thing. It will stop the bots from registering.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

TY TB! After the LAN I will have a look for that. Today I got my DSL and after LAN (this weekend) I will have the time to. Oh and: I have plenty MODs installed - but I'll figure out how to add one more :)
Richard Cranium
DBB Supporter
DBB Supporter

Post by Richard Cranium »

I must be blind but I don't see a way to register a new ID over there.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Read up a few posts :P:
Do_Checkor wrote:The last few days I had to delete about 10-15 user-accounts which where only registered to enter links to russian sites for pharmcy and other stuff.

Since these registration-attempts come from very different IP-Ranges I cannot get rid of these guys.

So I decided to disable the function to register new user-accounts for a while. so if somebody needs to get in contact / want to register, please just contact ME and I will allow reg. for a moment.

This situation may last a few weeks (hope less)...

regards
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Post by KoolBear »

Updated the Forum description with a LINK to the your Home Page maybe that will also provide a little more visability.

To bad we (the DBB) didn't provide what you needed though.

We still can if you want to think about it.

KB
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

To provide a better and faster possibility for players to contact specific server operators I've added a new (self-coded - so forgive me) feature to the board: The serverlist.

This can be accessed from the main menu on the top right corner - even if you are not a member to the board. The list can be ordered by several criterias and should show a list of all ops / servers who registered with the board. Server ops can update server names by themselves - as well as list / unlist theirselves just by updating their profiles.

However: You have to be registered and logged in in order to post / PM / email / view profiles.

Have fun fellas...

PS: All server ops - even if only irregularily hosting - should update their profiles with the current server name - or even: take it out if not hosting anymore and more important: update the email address. Note: Email addresses will not be visible to other users (if not explicitely configured to do so)- but it's good for notifications on private messages and the inboard mail system.

Cheers!

checky

http://www.Descentforum.NET/ServerOps
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

That is a great feature! Thank-you.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Re: ServerOps BulletinBoard

Post by Do_Checkor »

Hi guys!

Noticed that there are a lot of server names a newbie / recent player would never recognize in regards to server list at the ServerOps board:

http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/serverlist.php

So if you are still hosting servers, could you please take a minute to check what you have set as a server name in your profile:

http://www.descentforum.net/ServerOps/p ... ditprofile

and also let other operators you know, who are not in this list know it would benefit the community well if they would register or update their details?

I will still forward posts / requests / problems from Descentforum.DE , DescentBB.net or DescentBB.com over to the guys at the ServerOps forums, so it would really make sense for everyone.

Also: If it comes to STATS submissions it seems there are not many operators left to contribute. I would be happy to assist if you have got problems or questions!

Currently we are in a situation where www.D3Stats.de is close to get shut down because of a lack of contribution.

Again: Any problem: Let me know!

Cheers!

Do_Checkor