Forsaken (used)

Want to sell off that old video card for that new GeForce? Looking for a used Sidewinder? This is the place to buy, sell, trade and post about hot deals you find!
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Forsaken (used)

Post by akula65 »

Retro Software has at least one used copy of Forsaken for $5.00:

http://store.retrosoftware.net/12713.html

A few weeks ago they actually had some new copies for the same price, so it might pay to watch this site if you want a retail copy.
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

this game was released for free wasnt it?
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

I have never heard of an announcement from Acclaim Entertainment to that effect, and I don't know who (if anyone) has purchased their intellectual property in the bankruptcy proceedings. That is the point that Kyouryuu was trying to make in the Forsaken Revival thread (i.e. that the game hasn't been officially made freeware).
kurupt
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by kurupt »

yeah, i dunno if it has or not. i just know alot of people said it was freely available. i thought maybe they were trying ot make a few quick bucks before word got out that it was free :D
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

The installer pointed to in the Descent MP thread actually points out that it's a cracked version. I don't think it was ever released for free officially although, like most old games, it should have been. It's either players releasing it for free, or under the impression it could be (like when Descent 1 was released "for free" on a magazine CD).