Boiling Point help

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Boiling Point help

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

I'm stuck on level 1: Waterworks. I went all the way to the bottom of where those two pipes led, went into a small vent duct, got 4 guided missiles, then went all the way back to the canyon and shoot through that broken door at the control panel. Not sure what it did, not sure where I go now. Now what?
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Go back through the tubes to the room filled with water at its bottom. Move up to the grate below the room's ceiling. There's a ledge with a railing which you can pass through. Turn left and shoot the door to enter a small armory. Proceed from there (more puzzles ahead: You need to find out how to open the door to the right of the ledge to ultimately open a big grate submerged in the water).

Btw, as you haven't gotten far I warmly recommend to download the latest version of the level as I have placed slow motion and bullet time powerups there after having separated these functions from the afterburner and energy converter, or you won't have them available throughout the entire mission, and believe me, you'll need them.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

nah, I'll just gung-ho it and rely on my own skillz rather than power-ups to do the job for me! XD
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

You have no idea. The mission has been built with these powerups in mind.

Good luck.

And don't complain. :P