New SP level in work [screens]

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

New SP level in work [screens]

Post by LEON »

It's not a mission with objectives. I tried to make a mission, but sux at making a good story. So it's more like a training level and the only goal is to kill bots. The level is pretty big and there is 33 matchens around the level.

[The screens might apare a bit darker than in game]

There is also weapon matcens, which will spawn mostly vaussclips and MD ammo

I want to make it an option on which ship you wanna fly, Pheenix or the tank or whatever. But not sure how to do this yet. Seems that i need to make a little intro level were you can release those ships, but I dunno how to pack multiple levels in one files.

I don't have a name for my level either, I sux at that to :D
my main focus has been to make good lookin' rooms with nice connection between them.
I only need to program som few more matchens, then the level is ready for som testflyin'

Leon
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I don't know if I'd say good looking \"rooms.\" Looks more like a series of tubes.

They do look nice for corridors, though. :wink:
LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by LEON »

Yeah, theres a lot of tubes in this mission. But theres some rooms as well.

I'm finish with a teststage of my level, and it's accessable at yousendit for seven days. If anyone wanna testfly it and give me some feedback, please PM me.

Theres no weapon in my level except for AB cooler, quadlaser, vaussclips, MD ammo, mortars and napalm rockets. Type 'ivegotit' in game, and you have all the weapon.
I will add primary weapons in the intro level, if I figure how to make one. If anyone know how, or know a tut on how to pack levels together in one file, please tell me.

Leon
LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by LEON »

Ok, I have figured how to make level sets.
Now I struggle to make the ship selection accessable. But Im workin on it :D
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

I think you have to enable that through DALLAS scripting, but it's predicated on having first run a level to run that script. That is, level 1 can't have a ship selection, but level 2 can.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Looks like he got it figured out with some help from Atan. :)
LEON
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by LEON »

Yup, Atan even made a small level set for demostration.

I did a test flight with the skipnix, and Im verey pleased with the gameplay.
Im tempted to make it bigger, though, or even make a 3'rd level, a level with objectives and a story. But then it will prolly never get finish :roll:

Hey, Kyouryuu, I followed your 'hello world' tutorial for scripting, but the only message i got in game was 'no message found'. I even made it twice and dobble checked if it was done right. Well....I didn't pay much more attention to it and moved on to other things.
I did all this on a practice level I have, theres a bunch of stuff in it, it's scripted left and right, with keys, bots, doors and what not. After some rounds with the ship selection testing, I one day suddenly saw the 'hello world' message on my HUD, haha. I have no idea what might have happen here, prolly not easy to find out either. Do you have any ideas?

Leon
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

None at all. :lol:
Spacemutiny
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Spacemutiny »

Were you able to finish this level? It looks great, I'd love to try it out!