'AM' working on a new level: Azaran Zodiark

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

'AM' working on a new level: Azaran Zodiark

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

I have been anyway, until just yesterday when all my work got blown out of the water. Upon reopening dle-xp, I found that even though I had saved last time, I lost all my work except the first unfinished entry room. Yet, after deleting all instances of the level on my hard drive, d2x-xl still manages to find the most current version of the level and I can play it! Its able to find this 'ghost' level even though my computer searched everywhere and cannot. So I guess I'm just gonna have to have this ghost level sitting on my computer somewhere that I cannot find and start over on the level. So here is a screenshot of what the entry room should have looked like. But I've decided I want to take the level in a different direction. Oh well, 3 days wasted. No use crying over it, just have to be even more careful of how I save and back up my level.
I will post updates here on the new variant of the level as I get time.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

wow! Very nice! :shock: :)
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Nice!

That 'ghost' level must be in one of the D2X-XL folders somewhere. My guess is that the file has somehow been renamed.

If you really want to find it, here are a couple suggestions:

Go through the mission folder, and remove/move the files one by one until that level disappears from D2X-XL... that'll tell you which file it was.

Ask Diedel if he'd be willing to add a function to log the file location when D2X-XL loads a level.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

By golly, I figured it out! For some strange reason, the current version of azaran zodiark had overwritten the entire apocalyptic factor hog file. (there's nothing left in that af-xl.hog file except for the azaran files. Which is weird since all I ever did to save my level was: File > Save. Other than the initial 'save as' to create a azaran.hog file, I just merely saved it 'as is' every time. So its weird that it somehow jumped ships to the af-xl.hog file. Regardless, progress on the level has resumed again. I just have to redownload apocalyptic factor from the descent mission database again to recover that mission. All is well, the screenshot in the previous post is still current now!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Thankfully you don't have the only remaining copy of that one.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Grats on finding it in again.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

This level ain't dead yet!

Major update, this level is still alive and kicking. These should give a brief glimpse into how detailed and how massive this level is going to be.
Click on images for larger view.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

This is only the first half of this room! The second half extends down and to the left at the end of the hall.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

More progress after a long time, here is the boss room: