How to bypass security in HAXMED32?

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

How to bypass security in HAXMED32?

Post by Xfing »

I need to know how to bypass the DESCENT2.HAM protection in this program, to be able to make changes to DESCENT2.HAM. When I'm in the options menu, all the options in the Security catalogue are grayed out, so I can't switch to no security. I need this information, or an equivalent that will allow me to make changes to DESCENT2.HAM file, such as Darkflamewolf had done for her Lost Levels campaign.
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

In HAXMEDIT32 is impossible, but you can on HAXMEDIT DOS (you can run it on DosBox if needed to).

Just edit on HAXMEDIT DOS your ham and be sure to put a different name to it (e.g. instead of descent2.ham something like xfing.ham)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re:

Post by Xfing »

Pumo wrote:In HAXMEDIT32 is impossible, but you can on HAXMEDIT DOS (you can run it on DosBox if needed to).

Just edit on HAXMEDIT DOS your ham and be sure to put a different name to it (e.g. instead of descent2.ham something like xfing.ham)
If it works, I'll getcha a beer :D
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6