Neo Neptune - Multiplayer Level

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Neo Neptune - Multiplayer Level

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Seeing as Neptune is really the only popular level being played these days. I wanted to rebuild it from scratch so that it at least looks pretty! Only took 1 day to make!
New weapons added to the original loadout:
- 1 more Spreadfire
- 1 Proximity Bomb Pack
- 1 single Homing Missile
Special Thanks to Descent Freak for inspiring me to come back to the Descent Building Realm once more.
Known Bugs: The energy boost graphic is messed up, just ignore it. The Plasma Cannon is upside down, just ignore it.

Download Link: http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=395

Now go out there and start destroying each other!!!
Video:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Neo Neptune - Multiplayer Level

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Nifty! :)
And that's how you do it, people!
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Thanks Sapphire Wolf! Anyhoo, I even included a CTF play mode into the level, which wasn't there previously. The blue goal is in the smaller energy center flanked by two doors. The red goal is in the bigger energy center flanked by two doors. You can easily get from one to the other and each goal has two routes to get to it. I wonder how a CTF would actually play, who knows?! Oh and since I enabled CTF, Hoard should probably work too...
SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SilverWolf »

I like the use of cubes to make the rafters and support structure for the roof. The moon roof is a nice touch--that is a moon roof I see? I almost thought that was lava pouring out of the energy center... Minecraft reference.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I almost feel like I've already asked this, but - I don't have access to D2 for the next week or so - are the "extra detail" areas invisible-walled-off? That would be a great way of making the level look more interesting without having people getting stuck on pipes (thus avoiding the problems with Year of the Tiger :)).
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I know of a bunch of games that do that... can be frustrating when you want to hide behind a pipe.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Pros and cons. D2 Neptune isn't the kind of level where hiding behind a pipe will net you much, though - rooms aren't very big, pipes aren't going to be very big.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

no Sirius, you cannot go flying in and around those rafters. There are invisible walls preventing you from messing with stuff you can get stuck on. It plays 'exactly' like the old neptune, just prettier.