Anyone know this level? [Solved]

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Raen7
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Anyone know this level? [Solved]

Post by Raen7 »

Okay, so I'm feeling all nostalgic and playing some LOTW using D1X-Rebirth. I can't find this level that I remember so fondly from back-in-the-day, so I'm hoping if I describe it that someone knows what I'm talking about. Now, I *thought* it was called "Seti Alpha V" or "Alpha Centauri" or something with "Alpha" in the name, but I tried both those levels and neither appears to be it (although I couldn't get the freaking blue key in the latter).

Anyway, it's a large level, single-player. One area is mostly brown textures with the X-grates all over, like a little prison, and I think this was the yellow-key area. Another nice room is cylindrical with a "bridge" across the top or middle, and an inner cylinder with some doors in it. The red door is near the top of the outer cylinder, I think. The coolest area was a sort of outer loop of large hexagonal tunnels (with several sections containing inner hex-cylinders too, which was architecturally very cool), and I remember a good amount of the blue and 'bright' textures here (i.e. not the dull worn-out looking ones in most of D1), and a fair amount of those white boxy robots too.

It's driving me crazy!! Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?
Raen7
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: Anyone know this level?

Post by Raen7 »

Oh eff me, I found it! Tribyss Omega. I had the wrong greek letter lol! Anyway, highly recommend it.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Do a Let's Play of it on Youtube. :roll:
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

Ah, yes, Levels of the World. Most of those levels were real stinkers (like in some cases, you could tell the builders were still toying around with the engine), but there were some gems like the one you were looking for and the SS Alexander. Of course, as a five-year-old playing the levels on Trainee, I didn't really have much of a quality standard in mind and at the time, all the single player levels were pretty fun. It's amazing how level design standards have changed since the mid-'90s.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Anyone know this level? [Solved]

Post by Top Gun »

I remember trying to stumble through some of those levels when I was still too young to really know what I was doing. I'll have to poke through them again someday.
Descer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Anyone know this level? [Solved]

Post by Descer »

Alexander--->ARGH!
Too long.
It's just a game. Face it.