Descent 2: Voxai Series

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Descent 2: Voxai Series

Post by LightWolf »

You heard it! Voxai is not just a mission, but a whole series! So far, I have 3 missions (to complete):

Voxai
- Basically a remake of Counterstrike!
Voxai Vertigo
- Basically a remake of Vertigo
Wolfpack
- A team of material defenders go on a mission to stop the Hyperspace Team

Play the original to see the basics. Let me know if you want to create a mission to add to the collection. II will PM you the mods from the original. Level contributions for the three listed are welcome but not required.
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Re: Descent 2: Voxai Series

Post by Xfing »

I think you're a troll :P
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

What are you modding on the Counterstrike/Vertigo missions and what part are you re-making?
You're remaking gameplay elements (robot placing, powerups, maybe weapon and robot modding, etc), or re-making the levels from scratch?
That last one sounds like a lot of work, and also it would be only a benefit if you can actually improve the original levels, both on structure, texturing and gameplay balancing.
I would rather recommend to pick the original levels and 're-master' them, perhaps by adding new details and stuff, some texture changes here an there, some placing of powerup/robots around, but not a total remake. :P
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Not a total remake from scratch? Then why put the storyline in a parallel universe?

Level 1 is already remade, and I have a plan for the other three levels, none of them include remastering originals. I may use the main area of level three as a boss level, though...
Whatever I just said, I hope you understood it correctly. Understood what I meant, I mean.
#AllLivesMatter
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, you could still apply your original story by just modifying the original levels to precisely fit that story, but if you want to remake it from scratch that's ok, although in my own level-maker experience, I still think that it may be a lot of work.

But if you're really excited to make that project from scratch, go ahead, I would like to see how it ends. :)

If you already have level 1 remade, I would like to see it to give you some feedback, so would you upload it to the DMDB? :)
(or send it through PM if you prefer).
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Okay. I'll zip it up (it's Level 1) and PM it to you. The later levels (including Level 2) will be more complex for sure.

Keep in mind that this is an office building level.
#AllLivesMatter
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

You haven't sent the level to check it out, although I suppose it's maybe because you're now busy planning your level for Descent 1 1/2. :lol:
LightWolf
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by LightWolf »

Correct.

Admin note: Topic locked upon request of the original poster.
#AllLivesMatter