D1 and D2 Anarchy: Sanitarium

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D1 and D2 Anarchy: Sanitarium

Post by Naphtha »

Subtitle: Welcome Lothar :mrgreen:

In honor of LotharBot's birthday, I ended up whipping up a quick level as a nice little gift for him which should be a convenient surprise when he and Drakona arrive at Jediluke's LAN this weekend. :P Concise and to-the-point gameplay and weapons loadout, but with just enough vertical elements and varying spaces to make it a tactically viable level. Feel free to give it a try and make yourselves welcome!

And of course, Happy Birthday, LotharBot! Enjoy!

Weapons loadout for the Descent 1 version:
-4 Quad Laser upgrades
-12 Laser level upgrades
-16 Concussion Missiles
-2 Homing Missiles
-8 Proximity Mines
-2 Smart Missiles

Weapons loadout for the Descent 2 version:
-8 Afterburners
-1 Energy-to-Shield Converter
-4 Quad Laser upgrades
-8 Super Laser upgrades
-16 Concussion Missiles
-2 Flash Missiles
-1 Guided Missile
-2 Homing Missiles
-8 Proximity Mines
-1 Mercury Missile
-2 Smart Missiles

D1 download link here:
http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=958

D2 download link here:
http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=959

First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!
Viper1999
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: D1 and D2 Anarchy: Sanitarium

Post by Viper1999 »

Nice work! I love the quality you've put in and very fun to play in too! :mrgreen:
*yawn*, now where was I again...
Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Xfing »

Does look good!

I can't help but notice that there have been marked trends regarding the texturing schemes as far as multiplayer levels are concerned... taht particular kind of brick texture gets used very often, no? :P
Descent 1,5: Level layouts done: 52/54 Secret level layouts done: 1/6
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

The main reason I focused on brown and black texturing was to prevent a lot of ship masking that could occur with other colors, especially the grays, blues and reds since the level is mainly for 1v1's. No ships really blend into the brown all that well and the brick texture is just such a nice one I absolutely had to use it. :)

I will say that even though it was made as a 1v1-focused level, don't let that stop you from cramming a few more players into it. It's spread out enough that Drakona tells me they apparently got five players to get a game in it at the LAN earlier today. With quadruple missiles courtesy of Merl, but at least that doesn't make the level too ridiculous based on the focus!
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!