Triaxiality De-Mastered

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Triaxiality De-Mastered

Post by homeyduh »

I received many compliments on my Triaxiality map on UDK, but unfortunately, no one is able to play it because it remained a WIP. Last night, I decided to open up the DLE and recreate it and lo and behold, it's done! The lighting mechanics in DLE are strange to me, but it's not that bad. Keep in mind that this is an extremely small map, so I recommend a STRICT MAXIMUM of 4 players per battle, if that. This is definitely best suited for 1v1 battles, but 2v2 or 4 anarchy could possible work. With only 3 real rooms, all the players will be forced to keep on their toes at all times as hiding and biding for time are NOT options at all. I hope you guys enjoy the map as much as you guys hope you would have thought! Keep in mind that I'm a fair novice with DLE, but I feel that it is almost a 1:1 representation of what I had made in UDK. Cheers!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ixaynwbohpyn ... 21ePa?dl=0
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

Twitter: @homeyduh
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Triaxiality De-Mastered

Post by Pumo »

Hey, that's pretty cool!
To see a SolC level de-mastered to be playable in D1 is a bit of a curious thing. :lol:

Will check it out. :)
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current release: v1.1 (12 Levels) -- [Official R.a.M. Land's website] (You can find my music here)
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

Unfortunately, Triaxiality isn't an official SolC map. It will be after we're done with PG though. Let me know what you think though. I'm raring to play it though so maybe some of you guys might wanna play test it tonight! Keep in mind small games though! It's gonna be truly hectic.
6DoF mapper, Descent 1 and 2 fan, Sonic/Samus/Kirby main in Super Smash Bros 4, and all-around nice guy.

DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

Good job homeyduh! I'm thinking of creating a D2 design in DLE which can hopefully be 'remastered' in SolC! XD
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Very ornate.
homeyduh
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by homeyduh »

I think I'm gonna redo this map again because I actually added new areas. I don't expect it to be used in 1v1 or anything, but it does have pretty good flow XD