quick question

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Zipeh
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

quick question

Post by Zipeh »

I scanned around but i am guessing my question is so basic who knows where its burried

i just download and installed D1 after at least a decade +.

I have loaded the rebirth version to update it ..

and i would love to play some multiplayer but dont have the foggiest clue where to find people .. the ingame muliplayer menu doesnt show any active games .. ever ..

is that cause there is no one playing- which seems somewhat likely .. or are people using other methods to host and find games .. kali and kahn in the old days ..

anyhow .. fun to see people still interested in the game ..

never played much 2 .. prefered the streamline version of D1 .. no Afterburners etc...

never played d3 .. i dont think..

anyhow if someone could point me in a direction, link to another post, or put me straight that would be awesome

S!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: quick question

Post by Sirius »

There are fewer places so not seeing any games at all isn't uncommon. People still do arrange games though. I would guess that the best active source of information for MP stuff is http://dtaskforce.forumotion.com
Number of people there who play on a regular basis as well. Most don't use Kali anymore, but there are various things they do use to get in touch and organize games.
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

Generally games have been put together simply by meeting up on the Rebirth/Descent Task Force mumble server and asking for a game and seeing if anyone's willing to play. It's not like you can expect to always get one though. There's also Descent Rangers but I believe they mainly play D2. One of the guys in Rangers, DKH, loves D1 though and he's often up for it. :)
We will not have signatures in the future.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Enzo-03, tons of D1 played at the Rangers... I help validate the scores and I see more D1 in the mix some days than D2. If people want open fun games at the Rangers they just need to ask as its not always about D2 only, and scored games only, and following the "oh so many rules" that people seem to be harping about.

I myself have hosted half a dozen open games in the last few weeks by simply making them and waiting... I had a blast and it seemed that the people that joined had one as well, with the tracker fun games should be a moot point people.

My 2¼ cents.
ryguy64
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by ryguy64 »

Canuck wrote: My 2¼ cents.
Inflation?

As others have said, both the Rangers and the Descent Task Force are great places to find people to play with.