Olde Sküül

A forum just for you old time Descent and Descent2 players.
Post Reply
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Olde Sküül

Post by burgerbecky » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:18 pm

You're going down... Again...
User avatar
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 9205
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Duper » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:47 pm

LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!
User avatar
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 5434
Joined: Fri May 28, 1999 2:01 am
Location: Bellevue, WA
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Sirius » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:44 am

Hey, welcome to the forum! Haven't heard much from your group since the Steam releases came out... although I guess I live in a bit of a Descent bubble these days :mrgreen:
User avatar
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace
Posts: 2643
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: the realms of theory
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Alter-Fox » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:45 am

Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I touched it, made as if to pick it up, and then I was a panther.
BEWARE RAZZADOON'S SNOUT!!
...

Also beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com
User avatar
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Location: I'm so glad to be home
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Lothar » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 pm

You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
User avatar
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 9205
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Duper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by burgerbecky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Duper wrote:Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.
Can you say "Oops"? I knew you could!

We fixed the domain name issue, funny what happens when your bank updates your credit card number without telling you, auto-renewals fail!

On Descent, there are things in the works, exciting things, and to nip it in the bud, we are not affiliated with Descendent studios.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by burgerbecky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:03 pm

Alter-Fox wrote:Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.
Magic 8-ball says "Yes'.
burgerbecky
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by burgerbecky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Duper wrote:LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!
Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!
User avatar
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:48 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Pumo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:19 pm

Welcome to the DBB burgerbecky!

Hope to see some new Descent stuff from Olde Sküül in a near future! :D
User avatar
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace
Posts: 2643
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 pm
Location: the realms of theory
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Alter-Fox » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Certainly looking better than Descent for Wii.
I'm sad about that one still because some of my work would have been going in there. :(

On the steam versions of Descent 1 and 2 are you going to be able to toggle between all the different versions of the Redbook soundtracks as well as the midi ones? The Infinite Abyss soundtrack is missing a bunch of the tracks that are actually advertised on the steam store page as being in the game (chiefly the track by Type O Negative, two of Skinny Puppy's songs and the song that plays in the gameplay trailer); I've seen some confusion on the boards there as a result.
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I touched it, made as if to pick it up, and then I was a panther.
BEWARE RAZZADOON'S SNOUT!!
...

Also beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com
User avatar
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 9205
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Duper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:43 pm

burgerbecky wrote:
Duper wrote:LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!
Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!
I noticed that on your FB page you were looking for translators for German. I should have clarified. ;) He's a native that's been living here in the States for some time.
User avatar
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master
Posts: 9205
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Duper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 pm

Lothar wrote:You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:
User avatar
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin
Posts: 12133
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Location: I'm so glad to be home
Contact:

Re: Olde Sküül

Post by Lothar » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 pm

Duper wrote:
Lothar wrote:You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.
I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:
I don't think you know what I'm referencing. Even if you do, you probably don't know of the secondary contexts I'm referencing.

I urge caution when Descent devs talk about other Descent projects, because what you say in one place tends to travel -- possibly without the necessary context -- and can cause confusion or anger in other places.
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
Post Reply