* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:18 pm 
Offline
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm
Posts: 4
You're going down... Again...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:47 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Posts: 9205
WLM: biffski@yahoo.com
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA
LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:44 am 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 1999 2:01 am
Posts: 5426
ICQ: 28874658
Website: http://www.povterminal.net/
Location: Bellevue, WA
Hey, welcome to the forum! Haven't heard much from your group since the Steam releases came out... although I guess I live in a bit of a Descent bubble these days :mrgreen:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:45 am 
Offline
The Feline Menace
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 pm
Posts: 2625
Website: http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com
Location: the realms of theory
Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.

_________________
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I touched it, made as if to pick it up, and then I was a panther.
BEWARE RAZZADOON'S SNOUT!!
...

Also beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:26 pm 
Offline
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Posts: 12133
Website: http://www.tomandcatherine.com
Location: I'm so glad to be home
You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.

_________________
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Posts: 9205
WLM: biffski@yahoo.com
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA
Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:02 pm 
Offline
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm
Posts: 4
Duper wrote:
Hmm. Seems that their domain name has lapsed.


Can you say "Oops"? I knew you could!

We fixed the domain name issue, funny what happens when your bank updates your credit card number without telling you, auto-renewals fail!

On Descent, there are things in the works, exciting things, and to nip it in the bud, we are not affiliated with Descendent studios.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:03 pm 
Offline
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm
Posts: 4
Alter-Fox wrote:
Welcome to the DBB, it's about time. :D But it seems like a good sign.

You guys still working on that update for the steam games?
I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store and I have some more specific questions about features you might put in.


Magic 8-ball says "Yes'.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:04 pm 
Offline
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:16 pm
Posts: 4
Duper wrote:
LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!


Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:19 pm 
Offline
DBB Captain
DBB Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:48 pm
Posts: 703
Website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr
WLM: digipumo@hotmail.com
Location: Mexico
Facebook: rubenpumo
Twitter: Pumo_Torbernite
YouTube: PumoTorbernite
Welcome to the DBB burgerbecky!

Hope to see some new Descent stuff from Olde Sküül in a near future! :D

_________________
[Pumo software main website] - Pumo Mines current progress: 60%
Visit my Steam profile, and add me as friend if you want :D


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 pm 
Offline
The Feline Menace
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 12:49 pm
Posts: 2625
Website: http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com
Location: the realms of theory
Certainly looking better than Descent for Wii.
I'm sad about that one still because some of my work would have been going in there. :(

On the steam versions of Descent 1 and 2 are you going to be able to toggle between all the different versions of the Redbook soundtracks as well as the midi ones? The Infinite Abyss soundtrack is missing a bunch of the tracks that are actually advertised on the steam store page as being in the game (chiefly the track by Type O Negative, two of Skinny Puppy's songs and the song that plays in the gameplay trailer); I've seen some confusion on the boards there as a result.

_________________
The eyes of the plush lobster stared deep into my soul. I touched it, made as if to pick it up, and then I was a panther.
BEWARE RAZZADOON'S SNOUT!!
...

Also beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden and http://vertigofox.bandcamp.com


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:43 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Posts: 9205
WLM: biffski@yahoo.com
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA
burgerbecky wrote:
Duper wrote:
LOL!

Welcome to the forum Becky! How you gals doin up there?
Grendel, here on the forums might be able to help you out with Dragon Wars... if he has time. He's an engineer in central western Oregon. (he's on page 34 of the member's list)

Cheers!


Dragon Wars Remastered is halfway done already. It helped that I wrote the original game and I have a full source code archive to work from. Most of the work was involving updating all my build tools from the Apple IIgs to windows, including the custom assembler used to write the game logic scripts!

I noticed that on your FB page you were looking for translators for German. I should have clarified. ;) He's a native that's been living here in the States for some time.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:01 am
Posts: 9205
WLM: biffski@yahoo.com
Location: Beaverton, Oregon USA
Lothar wrote:
You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.


I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Olde Sküül
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:02 pm 
Offline
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Posts: 12133
Website: http://www.tomandcatherine.com
Location: I'm so glad to be home
Duper wrote:
Lothar wrote:
You might want to remind your fellow Olde Skuul devs that things they say publicly about other Descent projects get around. We're a pretty tight-knit community.


I don't think that was a snipe, Lothar.

Getting cynical in your "old age" there bro! :lol:


I don't think you know what I'm referencing. Even if you do, you probably don't know of the secondary contexts I'm referencing.

I urge caution when Descent devs talk about other Descent projects, because what you say in one place tends to travel -- possibly without the necessary context -- and can cause confusion or anger in other places.

_________________
Izchak says: 'slow down. Think clearly.'
April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Descent'rs have piloted these pages
 
The layout and contents contained within this site are © DescentBB.net 1997-2006.
Descent, Descent II are © Parallax Software Corporation.
Descent III is Outrage Entertainment.
Descent is a Trademark of Interplay Productions.

Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.
.


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group