Laser hits are way tooooo bright with colored weapon light!

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Laser hits are way tooooo bright with colored weapon light!

Post by Pumo »

Hi Diedel, i know that you added a 'fix' in one of your d2x-xl versions too make the hits of the lasers (and some other weapons) more visible, but with the normal lightning (no Lightmaps nor Opengl Real-time) and weapon colored light, i think it's extremely bright! :shock: , it lights almost all rooms connected on some mines and overrides all colored static lighting in the level meters away from the ship every time a laser hits a wall!! It makes the level look overlighted and flat with no shadows at all on the walls! it doesn't looks so nice :P

It's a good fix to make the hits more visible for some levels, but couldn't you add an option to control the intensity of the hits brightness as the user wish?

PS: I don't know if it's good to put this topic here or in the Feature request on Sourceforge. Tell me where is better.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

I didn't add such a fix - ever. It's the explosions that light the mine, and I didn't change their light values either.
Pumo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Pumo »

Well, then maybe has something to do with some light enhancements. Anyway, could it be possible then to add an option to control the impact brightness at user's wish?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Now this is a Feature Request. ;)

Please post your request at SF.net.