Thanks Diedel

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Thanks Diedel

Post by DizzyRox »

Ill say this much, and its prolly too much,
with any luck its not my last post,
Sorry bout this book of a post, but hey, its almost been a year, hopefully I can get a couple paragraphs of levity, if not, oh well.
Abit of History
Years ago, During the D2 time D3 upcoming everybodys runnin out to get their Voodoo2 (monster2 of course 8)
I remember loving this game so much, its special and totally unique, I got to show my ass online a few times lagging to beat hell ,getting win nuked a few times, cussed for lagging etc.. I was like screw it, until I get some faster connect (and surely somemore skills), off to UT i guess, so I come to the dbb with my art and love for sci fi, to try of course meet others, maybe do some level work or something of such, maybe keep up with the new levels bein made, basically a sideline seat,
Unfortunatly if you dont go to college, and you figure this stuff out along the way, on your own, with your own money. you'll find yourself in a world with people that dont understand a dahm thing you say, i.e...talk vertices and polygons with a factory worker, no offense anyone,, I had 14 years worth, you know what i mean, not many tech heads in a factory or for that matter in my present work or hobbys either....
This really seems to be an intelligent community, (maybe the games learning curve? I dunno :roll: )
and artistic,(kewl!! People I can relate with 8) )I presented my website ,introduced myself got a couple critiques on the site, after that I was a thread killer,(or do they jus misinterpret my profile name as arragance,hmmm <-hard to have when you spell like that,lol :? ,naw I prolly jus dont speak enough,,to be spoke to or maybe they are all kids or somethin, so I jus kinda overlooked the board at points over the years, to see what all was goin on.
So years later I come back check it out, D2 pretty much dead in the water on my machine, D3 to me, jus isnt as cool,no 6dof on the horizon,,core decisions screenshots fairly less than stellar so far, as far as Im concerned (yet Im supportful),,shooters friggin galore, and woah!!! awesome here's D2X-XL!!!! HOLY CRAP,whos this Diedel guy? man hes kickin arse here, hmm hes kinda harsh, aww who cares, you cant be that smart AND be normal anyway :P !!!,,, and look at what, Novacron, is doing with it graphically,(geez you all even snubbed him when he came back to say hey, but of course he snubbed me to, when he gave us the robot generator,lol :? ) I was stoked, and pretty much still am, at the potential and or whats already there.
Jus about all in the same day realizing Novacron was goin to make an album, :( I was so teased at how cool it was looking,, Getting older, not wanting to endure the \"use it or loose it\" thing, hell Ill help, if I can do a good enough job, lord knows Ive spent enough on software to do so.. (strange with so much talent and or smarts in this community,, no one is helping besides a descent nobody like me,, hmmm they must jus be talking, in the real world people do real things besides talk, no wonder Diedels kinda harsh,,)
So, as you all know, I start doin some stuff, got some critiques, some looked pretty bad, yet after critques most looked much better, the only way to fly. Duper came up to the plate,(you were strong then, please be strong now, Im jus being objective) shot me down, I made it better,Its all good with me,,yet he hasnt spoke to me again since, as matter of fact, only a couple of you would speak after the first supposed critiques, so much for meeting people,getting a game, or finding things in common with others... I appreciate it never the less, I certainly am not premissing to show off, and dont really care, Its my success to myself, and if anybody digs it, thats awesome, have at it, ive always wanted to be in the gaming industry somehow and it appears to be outta my reach, so its jus good fun to create art in the world.
Comin up on a year afterburner anniversary ,woohoo,,lol
Anyway,Ive never had the chance to try to actually get a model in a game, Id only used my software for 2d assist before, and made a UT skin ,erumm well at least it was a 4xteam 4xface skin, lol
Its was prolly most exciting to me to see my first model actually in a game 8) and my fave one at that,,oh yea!! It felt good, even though the models are really, VERY easy models, I can do more ,Ill say that.
Its been the most fun Ive had ever in this graphic/gaming part of life.

Diedel, I thank you for lettin me try to help,for your honesty, D2X-XL, and to

(arguably to some, im sure, as be being noobs,,we hear so much of this warm fuzzy ,,noooooooooobbbbbb type stuff from a bunch of noooooobs whom do nothing but feel free to say that stuff to other nooooobs totally showing their own nooooobism, makes new people to the game, feel wonderful knowing that the community is so old that everyone new is a noob, as said by nooobodys,Im not convinced they are that good to be honest, Im from the show me state, so being a noob is, whom is at bottom of the list at the moment, and I aint seen my name there yet, so if youve got it for noobs, STFU,unless youve played that person and beat them, irrelevant to whether youve seen them online or not,you have no idea, and if your cheating at a test, calling a noob a noob is like call the friggin kettle black Id say,, (Thank You :wink:
kinda makes the thread ,\"when the greats played\" a farse, considering everyone here is apparently great,,)))) trully disappointing

succeed at helping 8) <--sorry bout that monster sentence frag :oops:

I think many of you have shown extremely poor taste, as this issue is concerned Diedel included (abate what the hell do you expect a a guy to do when youve got 5 or 6 people up your arse at one time, I wont debate Diedels place in the posts he has made, I almost completly flipped out at the EandC comments, but Ill tell you this, thats why America is America, and the internet may as well be America and Deidel, \"if Germany could only be America\" :P ,(is it ethical to be so ethical, being the question I think?) its all free speech, as much as I disagreed with points of his post,,its was after all a Ethics and Commentary thread, if its too hot in the oven dont get in it,
which was my choice, why because its not a measure of a man or a noooooob. and you all (id think) should know by now, if you match wits with a man like Diedel you better bring it, or jus like you all will prolly tear this post down sentence by sentence, he will tear your ethics down in the same way if your in fact your being,, erumm dare I say a PITA,,, and speaking shallow with no thought (an apparent need to learn what message boards are all about).
My grandmother always told me, \"If you have a complaint, show a better way\" 8)
Something this all could benefit by.
and ganging up on Diedel, pretty much jus to call him an ★■◆● is pretty poor taste, if someone of his stature is to be ousted, especially by people whom are kinda preturbed that a smart guy interupted their coffee break bs.. one of you admins should have come forth in PM to do whatever you were gonna do not all of you workin him,,, this lil crusade is a bunch of bolony (dont feed me this ,look at all hes done,Ive seen it)and dont give a lick about it,dont be stupid and you wont get treated stupid,,but if your liked or a part of the \"tight knit part\", you can tease and call each other names if ya want. thats ok... :roll:
He has put FARRRR more effort into this, 100z of man hours comparing to your 0,thats O ,or zero, that is Descent. while many of you kick back and act like your doing or have done something, your really jus runnin your mouthes in conversation, cuz when I look for games I aint seein them and if I do I dont see your names either, I suppose Aliases, because your so great youll scare everyone away, I can only assume everyone here is Demigod and its gone to your head possibly, after all, its not an easy task amongst such talented people.back to topic
So what!!! the man is an arsehole,, so are many of you ,I assure you, arguably ,yes that does give you a right to have a bad day or even 2 or 3,, to perhaps get chewed in pm for your mouselook efforts and immediatly have to answer an idiot question or suggestion, with a known premis of critique, lol I premiss its something else myself.
Lets expect all of everyone around us to be perfect daily now,, (personally, im a musician, we're almost all arseholes,im pretty youst to it, its like the hair club for men ya know, lol, we're almost all memebers) Ive worked with him, on board and in email for close to a year now,, friggin clumsy, all the way, and I treated him with respect and thats what he gave me back, (even in my confusion).

I think many, or maybe jus a few of you really need to take a look at how, just, too tight knit this community is, to the place noone can really join unless they force their selves or opinions on the boards and endure the noooooooooobbbbb attacks, makes one wonder if its jus so you can always be \"Greats\" 8)

DizzyRox= All thru my life ,no matter how smart or dumb, beautiful or ugly, a person Ive met, each and everyone of them, including myself, has at least one screw loose, those being \"DizzyRox\".
I think its evident why it applys here,

Thanks a bunch Diedel
Ive had the time of my life graphically, and if I get run out (you dont have to be banned to be run off,jus a thread killer, right?) to for this,jus hola at me, Ill send stuff over in email or somethin get rehosted whatever happens.I do plan on finishing what is supported anyway.

Ok, lol I guess Im done,holy bajezas, its novel,, :shock:
I really do mean this as concern not an instigation, more of jus a COME ON WAKEUP!! GEEZ!! talk about nooooobbbbs,, aint we all guilty to a point for escalating instead of dousing out 8), show a better way for cryin out loud.
cheers
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Uhm... your point is somewhat blurry there.

I should note however that people on the DBB don't REGULARLY run people off the boards because they don't like them. You don't have to worry about that, or at least, there would be plenty of warning signs.

What happened to Diedel happened because seemingly half the board couldn't stand his modus operandi. (I won't go into the reasons for that - I have some theories but I don't really want to share them at the moment.) There were people who got on fine with him (myself included - I think - haha I haven't really asked him for his side on that), but at the end of the day... the DescentBB is pretty much loaded with really old-time players who it seems more often than not have a loud mouth and cynical outlook.

You make some points about them yourself of course. I would note that, in game, most of them range from respectable to simply lethal however. But their \"community standing\", so to speak, as often comes from gaming ability as other things like what websites they ran, what levels they made... even just being an active participant on the DBB for a fair while.
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

The E&C forum kills your mind. Strewth.
DizzyRox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by DizzyRox »

Sirius wrote:Uhm... your point is somewhat blurry there.

I should note however that people on the DBB don't REGULARLY run people off the boards because they don't like them. You don't have to worry about that, or at least, there would be plenty of warning signs.

What happened to Diedel happened because seemingly half the board couldn't stand his modus operandi. (I won't go into the reasons for that - I have some theories but I don't really want to share them at the moment.) There were people who got on fine with him (myself included - I think - haha I haven't really asked him for his side on that), but at the end of the day... the DescentBB is pretty much loaded with really old-time players who it seems more often than not have a loud mouth and cynical outlook.

You make some points about them yourself of course. I would note that, in game, most of them range from respectable to simply lethal however. But their "community standing", so to speak, as often comes from gaming ability as other things like what websites they ran, what levels they made... even just being an active participant on the DBB for a fair while.
Understood, thanks Sirius 8)

Darkhorse wrote:The E&C forum kills your mind. Strewth.
Man no doubts about that ,lol
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

It should also be noteworthy that many of the people who post regularly on the DBB do not play the game or hardly ever did and a large portion of the ones that do play, were hardly ever even average at best. Their standing on the DBB has nothing to do with their in game skills and everything to do with their social skills, something Diedel is severely lacking.

If you believe someone should receive special privileges just because they are good at this or they are good at that then you are missing the point of the community. Do you honestly think the rest of us got here on our game skills alone without having to prove that we were responsible enough to actually serve in our positions? If any of the moderators and staff are actually quite skilled in game (and a few of them are) it is PURE coincidence.

I hate to break it to you, but Diedel got a free ticket to be a moderator even though most other moderators didn't feel that he was qualified for the job. Just because he was the programmer he ended up getting set as the moderator, which to this day many of us think was a mistake given his track record in the community. It is not enough to be moderator if all you have is game skills or programming skills.
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Dizzy,

thanks for your words. You don't need to be exceedingly smart to see the truth and learn some humility, and that's what I am seeing in you. Nobody is perfect, that applies to me too.

I can only very clearly say that a bunch of people on this board never stopped hating and being after me since those rather distant times when I posted that controversial stuff on E&C. Guess how amazed I was when I got a flame from Topher a few weeks ago in the GD area, or when I read what elitist Krom really thought about me ...

I don't want to say anything about those old posts from E&C or NHB, just that I really stopped attacking people here for quite a long time; which makes it pretty clear that the trolls now in control here aren't concerned about the peace in this forum, but about their vengeance.

I have good news for you though: These people are neither the Descent community, nor can they stop me from working on D2X-XL. Actually this place is not a community forum, it is a place for a gang of people that became friends through playing Descent, and now it is their place, run by their rules and subject to their opinions.

You know how to reach me, and I am looking forward to your next weapon models. You aren't done with them, are you? :)

Sirius,

I have never had any issues with you, but you always made me wonder whether you had some with me.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Top Wop »

Diedel wrote:I don't want to say anything about those old posts from E&C or NHB, just that I really stopped attacking people here for quite a long time;
Does this mean you will stop attacking me in public?
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

LOL
Atixtasy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Atixtasy »

stop inciting this....everybody and let it blow over omg. Everyone is acting like little kids here. And DONT call me wrong read it all back....it's kinda funny in a twisted sort of way. :lol:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Take this to fraken PMs. Geez, you guys are a bunch of babies. Get over it already. Stop hijacking all the threads with your hatred for each other. :roll:
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Keep it civil everyone.

/me starts warming up the post kill-o-matic
ImageImage
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Grendel wrote:Keep it civil everyone.

/me starts warming up the post kill-o-matic
Just to inject some humor into this thread:

GRENDEL SMASH!

:D
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Worst. photochop. ever. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Ferno wrote:Worst. photochop. ever. :P
x2!

XD
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Re:

Post by MD-2389 »

Ferno wrote:Worst. photochop. ever. :P
Seeing as I had a really crappy picture for a source.... ;)

<removed>
Atixtasy
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Atixtasy »

good lord diedel was right you guys are trolls!
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

And now, as there is no proper modding, they spam this place. Thank God it's not needed any more for D2X-XL related stuff. At least it's pretty obvious who's the real problem here now.