Direct3D or openGL help with a NVIDIA 135m 256mb card

D2X-XL - Descent II update for modern systems with many new features and enhanced graphics. Home Page

Moderators: Grendel, Aus-RED-5

VertigoBase
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Direct3D or openGL help with a NVIDIA 135m 256mb card

Post by VertigoBase »

Please help, I couldn't wait to get this running on my new laptop, except when i try to run it, all the pre-in-game stuff loads and runs great (menus, pilot configurations etc.) but when i load a D2 mission (say lvl 1 or 2) Everything is white(non-textured?) and veryshortly after, it crashes.
Is there ANY way to get this to work with D3d? or anything i can DL for better OpenGL support for my video card?
I did find a patch for OSx for it called NVinstaller.com - 10.5.2 NV kext installer v.2
but it's for OSx =(
http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=17

Anyone have any suggestions? ty in advance.

~[NT]OOPS
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Driver update? D2X-XL doesn't use Direct3D so making OpenGL work is your best bet.
VertigoBase
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by VertigoBase »

I have the latest drivers for my card, thanks for ur reply though.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently as long as i don't fire weapons and am ok with a non-textured game it runs fine, but even sliding left or right makes it crash, something about the lighting, i'll try changing lighting modes to see if that helps, any suggestions appreciated

EDITx2: Not sure what makes it crash now because i can fire weapons and it doesn't crash immediately. It has to be something important though because if i just look around in game i'm fine, it's after i move from the starting point that makes it crash?

~{NT}OOPS
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Please visit the Official D2X-XL forum to get better help.

Thanks. :)
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

And if you do, a little more system information would probably be necessary (e.g. OS - you're using Windows right? XP or something else? And the video card your laptop has is also important information).