* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Suggestion: "set default length" option?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 am 
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

I'm really struggling right now to make some very much needed lines the default length. It's 20 points, isn't it?

Do you think you could implement an option that sets a line or a side to default length of 20 with one click? It could help immensely.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: "set default length" option?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:04 pm 
DBB Master
DBB Master

The length of a side that fits exactly one repetition of a texture at the default scale is 20, yes. That's what "insert normal cube" will usually give you.

I don't really know what you're asking though. If there were a button that you could click to make a side 20 units, what direction would it stretch the cube in? Would it be horizontal, vertical, or both? If it were a line, you could extend it in either of two directions, and it's not necessarily obvious which one you want there either.

Or are you asking for the "extend" option for inserting a new cube to use a length of 20 instead of what the cube you inserted from was? There are ways to work around that, but nonetheless I can see it coming in useful fairly regularly - and it's a lot less ambiguous.

Post subject: Re: Suggestion: "set default length" option?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:43 am 
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Sirius wrote:
The length of a side that fits exactly one repetition of a texture at the default scale is 20, yes. That's what "insert normal cube" will usually give you.

I don't really know what you're asking though. If there were a button that you could click to make a side 20 units, what direction would it stretch the cube in? Would it be horizontal, vertical, or both? If it were a line, you could extend it in either of two directions, and it's not necessarily obvious which one you want there either.

Or are you asking for the "extend" option for inserting a new cube to use a length of 20 instead of what the cube you inserted from was? There are ways to work around that, but nonetheless I can see it coming in useful fairly regularly - and it's a lot less ambiguous.

More specifically: I was thinking about a button that would transform one side of the selected cube to a standard 20x20 side with the same middle point as the opposing side.