Under Mac OSX?

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Under Mac OSX?

Post by Dakatsu »

I'm trying to get Descent II onto my dads Macintosh, and I am baffled on how to do it.

Firstly, is there a seperate macintosh original disc I need? Currently I only have the windows files, and I copied them from my network to my dads computer. But when I get the D2XRebirth download and extract everything, the exe (well, Mac version of an exe). So can anyone help me on this?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Wow... the only link was a demo, and no advice to set up the full game on a mac :P
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

Maybe this will help?

I know nothing about Mac. :P
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

Okay I got the traditional D2X working, but in terms of rebirth, I take my Descent 2 data files and put them in the \"Data\" folder of D2X Rebirth, but when I double click on the .app (I think that was its name), it doesn't start up. This worked for the original D2X...
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

Hmm as I am not managing the official MAC port, try to put them to the main directory. Maybe I've broken the subdir reading somewhere in 0.53. We fix this asap. Also may be wise to start the game out of a console and see what output it spits out. May help me with the debugging.
Dakatsu
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Dakatsu »

I tried both the data folder and the main directory. And since I know nothing about Mac, I have no idea how to start a game out of a console...

And is D2X Mac compatible with D2X Rebirth on Windows? It won't detect my games I set up on any computer...
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

what version of Mac are you using?
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Re:

Post by zico »

Dakatsu wrote:I tried both the data folder and the main directory. And since I know nothing about Mac, I have no idea how to start a game out of a console...

And is D2X Mac compatible with D2X Rebirth on Windows? It won't detect my games I set up on any computer...
The original D2X UDP/IP code isn't even working correctly - nor Rebirth uses the same code anymore. Rebirth only wants to be IPX compatible to other/olde rversions - not UDP/IP