High Resolution Fonts and Menu's under Linux

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

cobalt
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

High Resolution Fonts and Menu's under Linux

Post by cobalt »

Was wondering if this is even possible under Linux, or if I'm just going wrong somewhere. I've obtained the two packages \"d1x-rebirth_hires-fonts.zip\" & \"d1x-rebirth_hires-briefings_v2.zip\" and extracted them to \"/usr/local/share/games/d1x-rebirth\" where my two descent data files reside.
As a good measure I also symbolically linked them to my \"~/.d1x-rebirth\" directory.
I have also added the \"-hiresfont\" parameter to the d1x.ini file in my ~/.d1x-rebirth directory and also passed directly to the executable.. No luck, anyone have any idea's where I'm going wrong? Thanks

- cobalt
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

Heyhey

Dunno if I forgot to update the README files, but you need to place them in a subdirectory called \"hires\" (/usr/local/share/games/d1x-rebirth/hires/) into your sharepath (not the home path - ~/.d1x-rebirth).
Then it should work just fine. :)
cobalt
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by cobalt »

Thanks Zico, I will give that a try when I get home tonight. Btw thanks for the best port of Descent yet.
zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

Post by zico »

Thanks for the nice words. :)
Let me know how it works for you. I know we have a pretty bad documentation at the moment so it's good if you ask so I can see how to improve this.

By the way: from next version you will probably not need to folder anymore - if everything goes okay, the Hires content will be packed in an archive you just place in your home folder or sharepath. I think this will be a nice cleanup. :)
cobalt
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by cobalt »

It worked fine, thanks again. I like the idea of the content being in a compressed archive, nice and clean.