Wikipedia Descent / Descent II Back to unbiased

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Fairly happy with the state of the Wikipedia entries at the moment... in a few days those silly little \"paranoia\" banners should probably go as well. :) Currently the Rebirth section just says it \"aims\" to maintain the original appearance of the game etc etc, which IMHO makes it sound less like other ports don't. XL is more about adding new features while keeping that in as an option for the nostalgics.
karx11erx
DX-XL Master
DX-XL Master

Post by karx11erx »

I have removed that policy stuff. Probably need to remove it from the other Descent/D2 Wikipedia entry too ... the stupid thing is that there is a Descent and a Descent 2 article in the English Wikipedia, and both contain identical DXX and XL sections ...

How about \"original Descent experience\" instead of \"look and feel\"?

Sirius,

with you one can at least work together constructively ... I think I'll have to wipe off a few tears, I'm so touched by this uncommon and unexpected experience here ...
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Why not replace the whole lot with something about \"main goal is to fix remaining bugs, improve compatibility with modern computers and operating systems with OpenGL video acceleration while preserving as much of the original appearance of the game as possible\" or something like that?
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Diedel, what I meant about it being up to the receiver is for how much pain it causes them. Who are we to judge that calling him stupid isn't as insulting or painful as comparing you with Hitler?

You can never know someone's true pain. Only they know how much it hurts.
Edit 1:

Merlin, many people here, and you too, are so upset about my \"attitude\", when the main problem is that I am telling them some unconvenient truths right in the face, and that's something most here don't like. So I am not even insulting anyone, just saying what I think and see, and yet people are so upset about me.
Funny you say this when all people were telling you about your pet project was truth and you took it as insult.

Si tes pas capable de prendre de la merde, arret de n'en donnez.

PS: You posted German and asked someone to translate, well you can figure this one out or have someone do it for you.
karx11erx
DX-XL Master
DX-XL Master

Post by karx11erx »

I don't really know what you mean with the \"truth about my pet project\". I think I don't want to know either. You are in no position to say anything valid about it.

I haven't been hurling crap here the way like you or Bub, and I definitely haven't started this bollox.

I don't know about the U.S. or Canada, but certain insults are more likely to be heftily punished here than others. It is worse to compare someone with this horrible, satanic mass murderer Hitler than to call someone stupid. So stuff your blah blah. Well now I lick it: You didn't like me calling you stupid in that other thread at all, did you? Well, you asked for it with your impertinent post there. Stupid questions get stupid replies, as we say here. Don't complain if you get an elbow in your ribs after stepping on my foot.

I know when I meet a hypocrite who is doing everything to twist the truth the way it fits him, and you are one. I loathe people who do that.

But oh no, yooooouuuuu did nothing wrong, did you? It was aaaaaallllll that bloody German Diedel over there, right? You are soooooooooo upset for being called stupid, but I have to take being compared to Hitler by someone who has no reason for that other than his rotten character! Whos the hypocrite here, huh?!

You don't want to hear the truth about yourself. You don't want to look at your own actions and judge yourself. Now that is what I call stupid!

Your French spelling is bad. Actually your French is bad.

You bloody freaks have cost me half a day. That's way more than you're worth.

I think Sirius and Krom have handled this well enough now.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by BUBBALOU »

jshaner wrote:Rebirth and XL are seperate projects. Why go around trying to prove to everyone one is better? Even if so, which i am not one to judge, why go around making a point of it? Why not let things go their own way without controversy?
And that is how it is supposed to be at wikipedia

Neither project being worded as and advert or slandering to another project, just enough basic info to peak someones interest to continue with an external linek at the bottom
COI info was removed from those links too)

advert - * "most advanced and feature-rich user-enhanced version of Descent to date"

slander * "fixing all of the issues D2X still had"

opinion * "to reflect both the broader scope and greatly enhanced feature set of the project."

slander in hindsight * "source port called DXX-Rebirth has sprung up recently"

crossing the line advert for D2X-XL * "It differs from D2X-XL insofar as its main goal is not to enhance the original game"

why are you editing other projects info and slapping your project name in there??????

come on man ...!

This is type of behavior is his personal style ...that is the point he is missing of the whole thread and the wikipedia controversy.
Do not write about your self or your own projects
Do Not edit other people info to make yourself look good
Do not cry when you busted doing so
Do not alter it back yourself

another ADVERT old

Code: Select all

Open Source Projects

* The D1X project
    * The D2X project
    * The DXX-Rebirth project
    * The D2X-XL project - this site also offers a lot of complementary info and a huge level archive, as well as DLE-XP, a level editor for Descent 1 and 2
    * Robots

Unbiased

Code: Select all

Open Source Projects

* The D1X project
    * The D2X project
    * The DXX-Rebirth project
    * The D2X-XL project
    * Robots
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

karx12erx wrote:I don't really know what you mean with the "truth about my pet project". I think I don't want to know either. You are in no position to say anything valid about it.

I haven't been hurling crap here the way like you or Bub, and I definitely haven't started this bollox.

I don't know about the U.S. or Canada, but certain insults are more likely to be heftily punished here than others. It is worse to compare someone with this horrible, satanic mass murderer Hitler than to call someone stupid. So stuff your blah blah. Well now I lick it: You didn't like me calling you stupid in that other thread at all, did you? Well, you asked for it with your impertinent post there. Stupid questions get stupid replies, as we say here. Don't complain if you get an elbow in your ribs after stepping on my foot.

I know when I meet a hypocrite who is doing everything to twist the truth the way it fits him, and you are one. I loathe people who do that.

But oh no, yooooouuuuu did nothing wrong, did you? It was aaaaaallllll that bloody German Diedel over there, right? You are soooooooooo upset for being called stupid, but I have to take being compared to Hitler by someone who has no reason for that other than his rotten character! Whos the hypocrite here, huh?!

You don't want to hear the truth about yourself. You don't want to look at your own actions and judge yourself. Now that is what I call stupid!

Your French spelling is bad. Actually your French is bad.

You bloody freaks have cost me half a day. That's way more than you're worth.

I think Sirius and Krom have handled this well enough now.

Haha you think I got insulted because you called me stupid? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I was referring to Obi you numnuts.

As for my french, I don't give a damn. I hate the language. Sadly I am part French and there's nothing I can do about it. I've been entertained for a day. You have been inconvenienced.

You seem to think that everyone is out to get you. I wonder where that comes from? From what I've read on this forum and only this forum and what I saw in Kali, you are the instigator of all the crap you get. Yet you keep denying it. Lots of people are telling you that you have a very insulting way of talking to people yet you continue to deny it and pass the blame onto others.

Let's talk about looking at yourself Diedel and judging yourself. You are the biggest one here for not doing that.
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Post by Lothar »

Bubbalou (and others): knock it off. Flamebait is not allowed on this board. Perhaps you should try .com.

Diedel: a ban is not an invitation to create a new account. You were banned because you simply can't stay out of flamewars, despite numerous warnings. I no longer want to deal with the problems associated with having you around. You have your own forum where you can do whatever you want; you're no longer welcome on this one.