DXX-Rebirth v0.58 released

DXX Rebirth Descent I/II for modern systems, maintains the look and feel of the original. Home Page

Moderator: zico

zico
DXX Master
DXX Master

DXX-Rebirth v0.58 released

Post by zico »

Hey folks! Today DXX-Rebirth v0.58 stood in front of my door and asked where I’ve been for so long. So we had a drink or two and decided it’s time to bring the new release out today. And here it is. This release is mainly fixes and improves some things but also holds a few new features.

Here are the most important changes:
* Several fixes and improvements for Multiplayer - especially Coop savestates
* Sensitivity/Ramping sliders for keyboard input
* More efficient postional data for Multiplayer, making ship positions more accurate and require less traffic (Thanks to v66r)
* New file extension for AddOns (.dxa)
* Key combination ALT+ENTER will not work ingame anymore to not interrupt player input
* Command-line option to disable mouse cursor without disabling the mouse altogether
* Support for Raspberry Pi by derhass
* HUD style "no HUD"
* Fixes for lighting code which wasn't updating correctly all the time
* Improvement for transparency effects that won't make certain sprites disappear in front of bright surfaces
* Support for hmp tempo setting (Thanks to Yarn)
* Improvements and fixes for Shareware/Demo data
* Improvements for firing mechanism, keeping fire rate accurate at all FPS
* More fixes and improvements

As stated above, the filename extension for AddOns changed. You either need to re-download your AddOns or simply rename them from .zip to .dxa.

Also please note that right now there is not a Mac OS X release, yet. This will be released in a few days.

Download at www.dxx-rebirth.com
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: DXX-Rebirth v0.58 released

Post by Duper »

Woot!

Thx Zico!
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

I hardly play anymore but I gotta say: Zico, your efforts have been absolutely astounding in keeping the classic alive like this.

I can't thank you enough for doing this for us. I think you deserve a special commendation for all your hard work.
vision
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by vision »

Ferno wrote:I think you deserve a special commendation for all your hard work.
You also deserve donations. I'll try and make one soon. I have a list of free software I use and I make donations to the projects based on how much money I make using their tools, usually 5-10% of my income bi-annually. But I don't have a budget for games... yet. ;)