Miner Wars gets funding

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Miner Wars gets funding

Post by CDN_Merlin »

MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Miner Wars gets funding

Post by Gekko71 »

Good to hear. Hat switch support plus 1,000,000 Euros would really make my day though. :mrgreen:
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I've been playing the Alpha using the mouse. Couldn't get the stick working without a headache.
MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK Z490;Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8GHz;EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming 8GB GDDR6;SeaSonic FOCUS GX Series 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold;A-Data XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND PCIe NVMe M.2 2280;WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3;Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Mid Tower;Asus SDRW-08D2S-U 8X Slim DVD-RW External Drive;Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 32GB 2x16 3600 DDR4 C18; Win 10 64Bit
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Miner Wars News (emphasis mine) wrote:CEO and founder Marek Rosa is particularly pleased, citing that since fund-raising is no longer a burden to his schedule, he’ll have enough time to return to programming and finally finish reading New Moon.
Odd. Miner Wars has been taking pre-orders for months now, and Marek had stopped programming?

I think this might help explain it:
Marek Rosa wrote:- pre-orders are a great method how to convince investors that this is a perspective business!!
So the pre-orders really were just being used as a means to market to investors. Interesting.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

For anyone still considering "pre-ordering" MW, I'd suggest taking a look back through the Miner Wars news feed:
  • MW claims they got investors and hired extra staff months ago. Yet what have they released development-wise since then? Almost nothing.
  • MW gets a third party to do an Intel Partner marketing write-up, and claims they will be "featured" by Intel at the Game Developer's Conference. Yet what happened? Nothing. They weren't at the GDC at all, and Intel says MW was never even a target app for any of their exhibits!
  • MW markets the game as an MMO and takes pre-orders, but then subsequently changes the name and breaks it into two separate products. When people who have given them $$ complain, they respond with "it was always meant to be two different games" and "we'll give you the MMO for free!" (remember, the MMO is the non-existent product) and a ludicrous refund policy.
Despite all the promises and all the marketing (the concept art, music, and screenshots are cool-looking), at this point MW is still nothing more than a "pre-Alpha" demo with no online functionality.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Foil wrote: .
[*]MW gets a third party to do an Intel Partner marketing write-up, and claims they will be "featured" by Intel at the Game Developer's Conference. Yet what happened? Nothing. They weren't at the GDC at all, and Intel says MW was never even a target app for any of their exhibits!
That's very interesting Foil - being so far away I couldn't make it. :? I appreciate the heads up.

Where did you get that info? I take it that you were there in person?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Gekko71 wrote:Where did you get that info? I take it that you were there in person?
I was curious about the Intel "featuring MW" display at the GDC, so I tried to find more information online. However, beyond a couple of old articles echoing the claim from the MW site, there weren't any references about MW at the GDC at all.

I kept looking but I couldn't find anything, so I contacted one of the Intel GDC reps. He told me MW wasn't there, and was never even one of their "target apps" for feature/display.

As far as I'm concerned, it's just another huge red flag.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Would be interesting to hear Marek's side of that story.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

CDN_Merlin wrote:Would be interesting to hear Marek's side of that story.
Agreed.

I already asked about it once, no response so far.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Sorry to step out of line, and don't take this the wrong way, but:
Can we keep this particular forum positive please?
I think negative comments and their discussion are more suitable for the Miner Wars topic in the Cafe. AFAIK this forum is for discussion of 6DoF projects that are at least somewhat promising, the implication being that the discussion should be mostly positive.
Plus, more people will see it in the Cafe (which is supposed to be spelled with an acute accent btw).
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ah, true.

I'm not a mod in here, or I'd move it myself.
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

If you want answers or want to give feedback then I suggest taking advantage of our weekly public meetings to get your questions answered directly by Marek and the other team members rather than posting questions here.
There's just enough religion in the world to make men hate one another but not enough to make them love.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

So you're posting here... but no longer answering questions?

P.S. I know about your weekly meetings; I'm not available at those times.
psionik
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by psionik »

My post was intended to give you an outlet to get your answers directly, I see you have ignored the chance to be thankful. I said nothing about what I personally will or will not be doing. Please think before you type.

P.S.
Reading your posts is like reading the Enquirer. I am not sure where you get your information, but it's always amusing to see what you come up with. :]
There's just enough religion in the world to make men hate one another but not enough to make them love.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

psionik wrote:My post was intended to give you an outlet to get your answers directly.
You suggested I attend the MW meetings. As I said, I cannot.

Since you are posting here, I believe answering questions here would be a reasonable solution.
psionik wrote:I am not sure where you get your information...
As I stated quite clearly above, I got my information directly from the Intel GDC execs.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

Foil wrote:CEO and founder Marek Rosa is particularly pleased..and finally finish reading New Moon.
I'm not buying a game from anyone who reads New Moon :P