the experiment

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

the experiment

Post by floppyfreak »

ouch (me, the real and only ouch) is playing round a little.
watch:
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: the experiment

Post by NUMBERZero »

Ahah! That's skybox! Dimensions look exactly the same. Looks pretty good. 8)
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

You see right. I have rebuilt it because I want to copy the behaviour of the d3 ships for my descent clone. Built with irrlicht and code::blocks.
The leveldesign is done with blender.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

http://www.odf-online.org/forum/index.php

they're are already doing that, you should partner up

\"CHUCKBOX\" your promised!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Heh, the ODF hasn't been able to crank out even 1 demo yet and don't expect to for a while. We're having some coding problem, so another coder to help would be very much appreciated. I don't code, I just draw up desings of robots and environments.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

new video with silly models and basic netcode...

Theftbot
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Theftbot »

What kind of art are you looking for? looks cool now.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

That is really cool.

Thanks, BUBBA for the link; Zero posted a video about flightback on youtube and I was searching with no success.
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

What I wanted to show is not the model. Its more about the netcode: the windows could as well run on remote machines, I use a server app in the background with udp protocoll to exchange data (enet as SDK). I will not go deeper into the modelling business. The models are there only as examples. I don't want them to look cool. I want to provide a simple expandable engine.
Now, when you say it looks cool never the less, it only illustrates, how bad I am as an artist :)
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

I might be interested in some pre-alpha testing.
I did a little testing for the D2D map editor:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/d2dmapeditor/

Will this be cross-platform? I did a little Irrlicht on Linux, so maybe I could
help port it?
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

@deathbeam, thank you for your interest. If you use joystick please test my js support before we start the nettesting. Send a pm.
TE will be open source in a later state. I want a reliable team to form before I publish the sources. Platforms should be supported as interest grows.
People interested to be in the team please send me an email address as pm to this board.
Progress is quite good the last weeks. I decided to make a feature freeze for this first testing launch. There are two - three little coding problems to solve before launch.
I have netcode, precise weapon-ship collision, weapon-to-wall collisions, simple ship-to-wall collisions (precise ship to wall collisions will be subject to physics integration in a later version). Ship to ship collisions will be subject to the second testing version. Some simple 3d sound effects. Chat system that also works as console window.
The console works with prefixes. When you press f8 you invoke a prompt for a chatstring. With the prefix § this becomes a commandstring. Enter \"§connect ip:port\" to connect to a server. Enter \"§name yourname\" to change playername and so on.
I don't add a list what is not done so far :)
floppyfreak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by floppyfreak »

I am online with my project and give a little presentation.

http://fly.thruhere.net/theexperiment/d ... 30501.html
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I was on the ODF forums for a while and one day stopped dropping bye. One day ODF just disappeared. I never found out what the story was. I kinda feel bad this project never got a release because it seemed pretty close to getting a few levels.
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉