A new site concept...

Dedicated to 6DoF MODs and or Game efforts. If you know of one please post them here.

Moderators: fliptw, roid, CUDA

KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

A new site concept...

Post by KoolBear »

I am working on a new site and looking for associates to setup and manage various sections. It's an Overall 6DoF Site that should encompass many different platforms and gaming systems.

The goal is to promote the 6DoF efforts and more importantly the user-base, providing a central location for the 6DoF Community to be represented to potential Software/Hardware developers showing these companies that we are a viable market and worthy of the expenses they incur to develop games and are gaming devices for us.

1) Expose the various 6DoF platforms to each other
2) Highlight Efforts across the broader 6DoF Community
3) Provide a platform for Developers of Gaming Hardware and
4) Provide a platform for Developers of Gaming Software
5) Provide a platform for Developer(s) of Game MOD's / Tools

Currently the site is in development and so are the concepts.

If this is done right I see representation from all 6dof platforms. As the community grows developers will be able to show potential investors the strong user base that is hungry for 6DoF efforts and allow them a place to get our input!

More information will follow as the concept progresses. I am open to ideas and suggestions.

YiD,
KB
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Floyd »

great idea! :)
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Sounds good :)

(Aaaaah! Floyd's seizure-inducing avatar returns! :P)
Stryker
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Stryker »

If you need help making the site, ask me. I'm looking for more experience in PHP. :)
Dynamite
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Dynamite »

Well, the concept is great! Uniting the 6DoF Community under one roof is an excellent idea!

Good luck, Koolbear!
"If you vote for me, all of your wildest dreams will come true." -Pedro Sanchez,Napoleon Dynamite
Diedel
D2X Master
D2X Master

Post by Diedel »

Very good idea!

(I wonder how Floyd's avatar looked before it got into this stroboscopic flash light ... looks like he had a metamorphosis similar to Smeagol's ... :P).
xezzy
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by xezzy »

Hmm... any luck? :D

I'm reviving this topic be cause I'm gathering some info about 6dof games (or more accuratly descent-like games) myself. As for now I've found 4 descent-like games: d1,d2,d3 and forsaken (lol), and around 12 never finished projects + almost-6dof games (space sims are out). So there is a lot to talk to (but still little to play).

For example:
- there is no real list of 6dof games, both released and abandoned
- Ive also noticed that many \"projects\" were started (read: anounced) by some folks that never were able to finish them (read: \"i will make descent5, but first i have to learn how to code, so i'll keep you posted about my progress in pascal\" etc.). I'm just saying that it would be nice to know story behind each project.

I thought maybe wikipedia page for 6dof games would be perfect. Easy to do, even easier to maintain, and it would serve its purpouse. Not to mention, easier to read and find by anyone interested.

regards, x
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Holy Lazarus-thread Batman!

Given the age of the comments & the lack of apparent progress (along with the continued absense of KB) I reckon it's progressed as far as it's going to on its own.

That being said, it's still a great idea. If you've got the energy and time, then go for it. :)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

The site was made, but it was soooo long ago. Don't know if it's still up anymore?

Besides that, from memory. Very few joined up, so I'll be surpried if it's still up.

I'll have a look when I get home.

EDIT: Yep, site is gone now. Used to be up, but looks like KB has let it go. http://www.6dofbb.com/site/index.php