* FAQ    * Search  * Register * Login 
Active topics
Unanswered topics

All times are UTC-06:00



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  1 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:05 am 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
If you disagree with someone, I guess it's ok to try to kill them.

Quote:
Robert Spencer writes-

Last Thursday, I gave a lecture on the jihad threat at the Grand Hotel in Reykjavik, Iceland. Shortly thereafter, a young Icelandic Leftist registered his disapproval of what I said by poisoning me.

It happened after the event, when my security chief, the organizers of the event, and Jihad Watch writer Christine Williams, who had also been invited to speak, went with me to a local restaurant to celebrate the success of the evening.

At this crowded Reykjavik establishment, I was quickly recognized. A young Icelander called me by name, shook my hand, and said he was a big fan. Shortly after that, another citizen of that famously genteel and courteous land also called me by name, shook my hand, and said “F**k you.”

We took that marvelous Icelandic greeting as a cue to leave. But the damage had already been done. About fifteen minutes later, when I got back in my hotel room, I began to feel numbness in my face, hands, and feet. I began trembling and vomiting. My heart was racing dangerously. I spent the night in a Reykjavik hospital.

What had happened quickly became clear, and was soon confirmed by a hospital test: one of these local Icelanders who had approached me (probably the one who said he was a big fan, as he was much closer to me than the “F**k you” guy) had dropped drugs into my drink. I wasn’t and am not on any other medication, and so there wasn’t any other explanation of how these things had gotten into my bloodstream.

For several days thereafter I was ill, but I did get to Reykjavik’s police station and gave them a bigger case than they have seen in good awhile. The police official with whom I spoke took immediate steps to identify and locate the principal suspects and obtain the restaurant’s surveillance video.


https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/05/icel ... rt-spencer

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
like I am supposed to accept Spencer's word about anything? Going full Fascist on us now, NS? Seig Heil!!

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Posts: 2424
Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
Vander wrote:
Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."


So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically? (Heck, even if they were a white supremacist- which Robert Spencer ISN'T.)

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
Nightshade wrote:
Vander wrote:
Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."


So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically? (Heck, even if they were a white supremacist- which Robert Spencer ISN'T.)



Did he ever come anywhere fucking near saying anything like that in all the time he's fucking been here? Goddammit man, just how fucking callous do you have to be to even say that? Or did someone smoke you in the head with a fucking baseball bat?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
I agree that Robert Spencer is not a Nazi. However, he is a hatemonger. He's no better than the Jihadists he reviles. Hate breeds hate. No, he didn't deserve to be poisoned. That's along the lines of something Putin would do to his enemies. But when someone spews hate and bigotry in the public sphere, they'd better keep an eye on their food and drink in public places if they're recognizable, because someone else who has less scruples than most people might do something really nasty. Hell, most women in America even know that they should to keep their eyes on their drinks in a bar just in case some guy decides it might be fun to perform a drug and rape session, a la Bill Cosby. :wink:

By the way, I love killing Nazis in Sniper Elite 4. There's no better satisfaction that watching some Nazi officer's head explode in gruesome detail from a perfect headshot. :P

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 10183
Location: Earth
Vander wrote:
Verdict: Yes, it is ok to poison "nazis."


No...it's not.

_________________
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Posts: 2424
Nightshade wrote:
So you'd go ahead and kill someone that disagreed with you politically?


Sure, why not? If you're going to think the absolute worst of us anyway, why shouldn't we get the pay off of you being dead and gone?

And no, I'm not being serious. Heh.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
Now that triggered an interesting question in my mind, Vander.

If he thinks you'll kill people, and i'm a rage machine, I wonder what he thinks of the other people here.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:09 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
I'm guessing White Nationalists differ very little from Nazis in ideology, or they're at least close cousins. And speaking of Nazis, we as a nation spent billions of dollars, lost nearly a whole generation of our young men and killed hundreds of thousands of Nazis all during WWII. Those Nazis slaughtered millions of Jews purely out of hate and the twisted desire for Aryan purity. Around 2,300,000,000 people died during that war globally. I guess we shouldn't forget that we willingly killed them in droves all in the name of freedom, just to rid the world of their perverse tyranny. Do we really need to see them rise again (they are in the form of Neo-Nazis) and with that in mind, does any person wanting to see them dead seem too extreme?

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
It's because now we have a chance to marginalize them and isolate them before they gain the same amount of power, so killing isn't necessary.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
callmeslick wrote:
I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?


You prove to me how he's a white nationalist. Provide evidence, otherwise you're full of it (as usual.)

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
Nightshade wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?


You prove to me how he's a white nationalist. Provide evidence, otherwise you're full of it (as usual.)


Find a transcript of his speech in Charlottesville(VA) last weekend. Leading a bunch of torch wielding white guys protesting a Confederate Monument or two getting taken down and the renaming of a park, all matters decided by local officials in a public vote.

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
If I'm going to give the other guys shit for not stating their sources, I gotta give you shit about it too. You have to show us your source. Otherwise, your premise is shaky. Saying "find a transcript" is not good enough.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:01 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
callmeslick wrote:
Nightshade wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
I'd like NS/ThunderBunny to explain how Robert Spencer isn't a White Nationalist, as was asserted above?


You prove to me how he's a white nationalist. Provide evidence, otherwise you're full of it (as usual.)


Find a transcript of his speech in Charlottesville(VA) last weekend. Leading a bunch of torch wielding white guys protesting a Confederate Monument or two getting taken down and the renaming of a park, all matters decided by local officials in a public vote.


You mean this protest? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:10 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
direct quote from the rally:“What brings us together is that we are white, we are a people, we will not be replaced,”

(Washington Post story)

Hell, I could provide far further, but what is astounding is that you all just let the utterly nonsensical assertion lie, "he is NOT a White Nationalist" lie. He is clearly NOT a White Supremacist, because every action he leads, every word he speaks demonstrates that White People are NOT inherently superior.

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:02 am 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
callmeslick wrote:
direct quote from the rally:“What brings us together is that we are white, we are a people, we will not be replaced,”

(Washington Post story)

Hell, I could provide far further, but what is astounding is that you all just let the utterly nonsensical assertion lie, "he is NOT a White Nationalist" lie. He is clearly NOT a White Supremacist, because every action he leads, every word he speaks demonstrates that White People are NOT inherently superior.


That's great- but I'm asking you again...was it THIS protest- http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/ ???

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 1998 12:01 pm
Posts: 2424
That was a protest for states rights.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
NS is right. His link showed the protest over the removal of the Confederate statue of Robert E.Lee. If you look carefully, you can see the statue behind all the protestors. And yes, it does kind of resemble a Ku Klux Klan rally with all the flaming torches. To top it off, the protestors were shouting: "Russia is our friend". :roll:

Image

The image below is from a 2013 KKK rally, so it's recent. I guess burning torches represents the good old days, bad if you're not white.

Image

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
"Does kind of" does not mean "it is".

Need more concrete links than two spurious coincidences.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
It's a visual comparison Ferno. :wink: You'll have to admit it's a striking resemblance. Even this quote from NS's own CBS link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charlottesv ... ee-statue/

Quote:
The Saturday protesters called on officials to halt the removal of a Gen. Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville and were swiftly condemned by the city's mayor, who said the event appeared to harken "back to the days of the KKK.

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
I know it's a visual comparison, which is why I'm saying the connection is anecdotal... and spurious.

If I had a photo with a blue car in front of a burning barn, and a blue car in front of a burning house, it would be ridiculous to claim there's a 'striking resemblance', because both are isolated incidences.

Resemblances mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We need concrete connections. And unless it's proven the organizers took a page from the KKK, both incidences are isolated.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
yes, NS it was at that rally. What is your point? You trying to say that wasn't a bunch of white natonalists(and why the fuck,"Russia is our Friend" got into the mix eludes me)? Or, that the quote I gave you was not uttered by Mr Spencer? They were outnumbered by anti-racist protestors the second night, when a handful of (quite possibly drunk) Tiki Torch Fellas assauted a couple folks and got arrested.

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:51 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
some of the exchanges above are confusing me. For anyone from the South, it is clear that:

1. That was NOT a KKK rally. Hell, it was a bunch of semi-organized guys with WalMart Garden Shop Tiki torches.
2. That event WAS, quite possibly, intended to harken to the idea of Night Riders(KKK, and other groups) of days past.
3. Yes, one can find actual KKK rallies existant to this day. A large one was held on Maryland last year, photo above from 2013, etc.

Where is there some debate around the repugnant intervention by outsiders in a decision which had been reached by Charlottesville officials and voters?? How does TB get to assert flatly that Robert Spencer is 'Not a White Nationalist'(he is, clearly exactly that, despite trying to coin a spiffy new name for racism and xenophobiia)?

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am
Posts: 13832
Location: Rockland,DE and Parksley, VA
apparently, a Yankee thing now. Thanks, Trump

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/KKK-rally-to-be-held-in-Lancaster-County.html

_________________
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
Ferno wrote:
I know it's a visual comparison, which is why I'm saying the connection is anecdotal... and spurious.

If I had a photo with a blue car in front of a burning barn, and a blue car in front of a burning house, it would be ridiculous to claim there's a 'striking resemblance', because both are isolated incidences.

Resemblances mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We need concrete connections. And unless it's proven the organizers took a page from the KKK, both incidences are isolated.


Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less. :roll:

Image

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
callmeslick wrote:
yes, NS it was at that rally. What is your point? You trying to say that wasn't a bunch of white natonalists(and why the fuck,"Russia is our Friend" got into the mix eludes me)? Or, that the quote I gave you was not uttered by Mr Spencer? They were outnumbered by anti-racist protestors the second night, when a handful of (quite possibly drunk) Tiki Torch Fellas assauted a couple folks and got arrested.


*facepalm*

You DO know that RICHARD is a different name from ROBERT right?

My OP was about ROBERT Spencer being poisoned after a presentation in Iceland.

I have no idea who Richard Spencer is other than what you said- and what he appears to be- which is INDEED a white nationalist.

And again as I have asserted, ROBERT Spencer is NOT a white nationalist. (Otherwise he would want to have nothing to do with Jews or black women like Ayaan Hirsi Ali.)

Don't be such a dumbass. :P

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:20 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 6942
callmeslick wrote:

Fucking Pennsyltucky. A good chunk of this state is a complete shithole.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 10183
Location: Earth
Yup, and a good chunk of that chunk is right here in filthadelphia, had another fatal shooting right near my house the other day…that makes like…what…5 or so in the last few years.

_________________
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
Tunnelcat wrote:
Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less.


Just because something looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:32 pm
Posts: 10025
Location: Corvallis, Oregon, where you don't tan, you rust.
Ferno wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:
Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less.


Just because something looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same.


In the American South, subtext and subtle messaging is everything for getting a point across. Carrying torches is a big fat subtle message from days long past. If it wasn't, they would have been more modern and instead used their phones as lights, like most people. I'm also not the only one who took note of the use of torches.

https://www.romper.com/p/why-were-there ... racy-57734

Charlottesville Mayor Mike Singer wrote:
This event involving torches at night in Lee Park is either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK. Either way, as mayor of this city, I want everyone to know this: we reject this intimidation. We are a welcoming city, but such intolerance is not welcome here.


Apparently, white people can get away with carrying torches, but definitely not black people.

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/identities ... elding-mob

_________________
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 6942
Yeah, a mob of white people carrying torches in the South has a single very obvious connotation.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 10183
Location: Earth
It's Miller time?

_________________
.
When Republicans go low...Democrats go even lower.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 6942
Sure, let's go with that.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
Tunnelcat wrote:
Ferno wrote:
Tunnelcat wrote:
Picky, picky. Maybe they were instead out to burn Frankenstein. I mean, why else do people organize into threatening mobs while carrying actual torches? In the year 2017 no less.


Just because something looks the same, doesn't mean it is the same.


In the American South, subtext and subtle messaging is everything for getting a point across. Carrying torches is a big fat subtle message from days long past. If it wasn't, they would have been more modern and instead used their phones as lights, like most people. I'm also not the only one who took note of the use of torches.

https://www.romper.com/p/why-were-there ... racy-57734

Charlottesville Mayor Mike Singer wrote:
This event involving torches at night in Lee Park is either profoundly ignorant or was designed to instill fear in our minority populations in a way that hearkens back to the days of the KKK. Either way, as mayor of this city, I want everyone to know this: we reject this intimidation. We are a welcoming city, but such intolerance is not welcome here.


Apparently, white people can get away with carrying torches, but definitely not black people.

https://wearyourvoicemag.com/identities ... elding-mob



Let me know how driving a white van means I'm going to blow up a building.

Come on TC, pushing the narrative they're the same because of ONE similarity is just intellectually dishonest.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 6942
This is not "one similarity." This is an incredibly powerful racially-charged image from living memory. And you can sure as fuck bet that the people who participated in this rally knew exactly what the hell they were doing. It's the exact equivalent of pulling a single-arm-raised salute and pretending it doesn't have any significance.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
DBB Stoner
DBB Stoner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 20, 1998 3:01 am
Posts: 14111
So if I were to get my mates together, get some tiki torches and walk to anywhere with them lit, it's suddenly a racist demonstration?

Shit, if that's the bar for evidence, everyone would be guilty of everything. People owning white vans would be arrested for terrorism. Anyone who owned a gun would be charged with murder. Anyone who goes for a hike would be marginalized as a survivalist. Anyone who takes a photo of public spaces would be charged with child porn possession. Anyone who has a kid in their car would be charged with child abduction.

It's all about intent and body of evidence .

Quote:
And you can sure as fuck bet
No I can't because there isn't enough evidence to prove that. And neither can you.

Remember Pepe the frog? Was that intentionally racist when it came out? No. It wasn't. It was a) co-opted by a nationalist group and b) used in their messages over and over again. Just like the 'Hitler salute' you were talking about. It was also co-opted by a nationalist group. It's actually a Roman salute, and until it was made compulsory by fascist italy, it was rather neutral

So saying torches in a group is racist is like saying Pepe the frog is racist.

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:19 pm 
Offline
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 4325
Website: http://drudgereport.com
Location: Portland, Oregon
So I guess Slick and a number of other people here don't know the difference between the names "Richard" and "Robert"

_________________
.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Is it ok to poison "nazis?"
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
DBB Master
DBB Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:01 am
Posts: 6942
Ferno wrote:
So if I were to get my mates together, get some tiki torches and walk to anywhere with them lit, it's suddenly a racist demonstration?

If you and your mates gathered together around a statue of a Confederate general with the intent to keep it on public display, all while shouting white supremacist slogans, then fucking right it would be a racist demonstration. I'm going to put this bluntly: you're not from the US, and you're apparently woefully ignorant of at least one prominent aspect of 19th and 20th-century American history. This is a very deliberate optic designed to recall an entire string of affronts against African-American southerners. Arguing against that is like trying to argue that draping a noose in a tree outside a predominantly-black school is just an innocent bit of trolling. Sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  1 2

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Descent'rs have piloted these pages
 
The layout and contents contained within this site are © DescentBB.net 1997-2006.
Descent, Descent II are © Parallax Software Corporation.
Descent III is Outrage Entertainment.
Descent is a Trademark of Interplay Productions.

Miner Wars™ is trademark of Keen Software House s. r. o.
.


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group