Politics?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Politics?

Post by Zuruck »

Has anyone heard anything from either side of the board other than negative ad campaigns? I'm watching Kerry hit Bush, the Bush hit Kerry, but nobody is talking about anything. When will they both start actually talking about the future instead of talking about each other? Is it too early for actual politics or is this what America has come to? Does it bother everybody that Democrats have turned to an anybody but Bush theme? It does me, I don't like Bush, but wouldn't it be nice to know what would transpire if he lost in November? What are Bush's plans if he wins re-election? I thought mudslinging was more of an October thing and not a March thing.

<mindless banter from a disillusioned patriot>
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Politics?

Post by Dedman »

Zuruck wrote:Does it bother everybody that Democrats have turned to an anybody but Bush theme?
Yes it does. That is why I am leaving the party. The Dems no longer represent my views. For the first time in my life I am voting third party this november.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The electorate has gone from being concerned citizens seeking answers to issues, to being judges in an advertising competition between two large companys.
The winner will be whoever has the best 30 second soundbites.

My moneys on Budwieser, they usually have the best ads :(
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I share in your concern, Zurich. Politics these days have hit a new low. Its no longer about the choice people will make on leadership and what they will do, its all about which party will win. Its turned into a strategy game. They dont care what they will do once they are in office, they care about getting there.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

Zuruck wrote: What are Bush's plans if he wins re-election? I thought mudslinging was more of an October thing and not a March thing.
I suppose Bush will keep doing what he's been doing: war on terror, taxes, economy, etc.
As for mudslinging, I think it was Dean who set the tone for the campaign season with his rantings.

As a whole, the country seems to be shifting from a 'thinking' personality type to a 'feeling' type. Hence, less emphasis on debating issues, more on molding attitudes.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

We have women's suffrage to thank for that. ;)
bash
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by bash »

*I don't believe it myself. I am just repeating what I've heard but I do think it raises troubling questions and warrants a complete investigation.* -insert Democratic candidate here
Drakona
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Drakona »

Jeff250 wrote:We have women's suffrage to thank for that. ;)
DOH! hehe... man. I suppose I won't contest that. Can I trade my vote for an electorate that engages in civil discourse?
TheCops
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TheCops »

Zuruck wrote:Has anyone heard anything from either side of the board other than negative ad campaigns? I'm watching Kerry hit Bush, the Bush hit Kerry, but nobody is talking about anything.
the "mute" button on my television remote is used for ANY advertising... why would i stop at yale university for president?

:P
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Seems to me Bush ads started on a positive note. Then the dems found a way to critisize the 9/11 aspect of it.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Dedman »

I have actually managed to not see a single political add yet. I only operate my TV in OFF mode.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

Yeah I really didnt care too much about Bush's 9/11 ad. I expected them to use it so it wasn't a shock or anything. Dedman, I agree with you. TV is the worst. But we dont get ANY political ads here in Illinois. It goes Dem, republicans are giving up on even coming here at all.