Obama Memorabilia

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Obama Memorabilia

Post by woodchip »

By now most of you U S of A citizens have seen the commemorative Obama coins, medallions and plates offered for sale. Well your very own Woodchip has a item you may be interested in. For all you DBB'ers I now offer you the Obama Commemorative Toilet Seat. When the toilet seat lid is down you will see a picture of Obama grinning from ear to ear with the word, \"Change\" ballooning out of his mouth.
Behind him will of course be a American flag and if you look close, inside each stripe will be printed some of the campaign promises Obama made. All of the rendering will be in glorious 3D \"color\".

Lifting the lid one will again see Obama's marvelous grin surrounding the seat. Just think! Each time you sit down you will be able to feel real close to the hero you voted into office. On the other hand, once you come to realize you've been scammed, you can imagine Obama's pearly whites clamping down on your tender parts.

Normally the special edition Obama Toilet Seat would sell for $159.00 but as a special offer to you, I will sell it for the unheard of price of $19.99. But wait! If you call in the next 10 seconds I will throw in a second Obama Toilet Seat for free!

As a bonus, I will also send you a Pelosi/Reid toilet bowl brush with the words \"Think of Us When Using\" emblazoned along the handle. Please hurry and call 1-IGOTSCREWED. Operators standing by.

And remember to \"Flush twice\", as it's a long way to the White House.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

:? Woody, ya gotta let it go, man...
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I think it's pretty optimistic to assume that the clueless folks who voted him into office will ever realize they got scammed.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I think its pretty optimistic that anyone who voted for him would feel scammed near a month before he takes office :).

\"Wait a minute! This isn't the president-elect I voted for!\" :P
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Isn't polictics wonderful? goto www.ctv.ca and read up on our political situation. This country is heading for big time trouble now.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

hehe You don't understand, Goob. Woody's starting early in preparation for the Christmas season!
Jesus Freak
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Jesus Freak »

haha I saw the ad for the plates on tv Friday night. My oldest bro was standing next to me. He just sighed in disgust as a Republican :P
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

George Washington got his face plastered on the one dollar bill. Of course, it was quite some time after he was president before that happened. For some reason, that was also the largest division of currency he graces, the only other example that leaps readily to mind for most being the quarter. Now, a few hundred years later, this nation is putting the face of a man who has done absolutely nothing as President to date on \"coins, medallions and plates\", and I'll only concede that he's even a fraction of the man good ol' George was when I see it in action. Does anyone else notice an eerie discrepancy here? =/
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Foil wrote::? Woody, ya gotta let it go, man...
Foil, ya gotta get a sense of humor man. :lol:
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Washington has been on that bill permanently though, right? Commemorative stuff is a bit different from issuing currency that might stay the same for many decades.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

^^ that
Octopus
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Octopus »

yup
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

Y'know, as kitschy as the Obama memorabilia is - and it is extremely kitsch - it has nothing on the \"2008 9/11 Commemorative Dollar.\" It is so tasteless and cringeworthy that I couldn't believe I actually saw an ad for it.

Remember, it's pure Liberian currency! :P
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I was reading somewhere that this kitschy Obama coin is just one of those new golden dollar coins (also a Kennedy fifty cent piece as well) with plastic sticker pictures pasted on either side. How cheap is that! People will buy anything.

I wonder what we would have got for 'mementos' if McCain/Palin had won? The same type of crap probably. Especially sexy images of Palin on all sorts of trashy junk, knowing men! Marketing knows no bounds. :P
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by MD-1118 »

tunnelcat wrote:I wonder what we would have got for 'mementos' if McCain/Palin had won? The same type of crap probably. Especially sexy images of Palin on all sorts of trashy junk, knowing men! Marketing knows no bounds. :P
At least I would have had a reason to buy the Palin commemorative coins. :P